Whats not to love about a DT466 in a Super Duty

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! What kind of cam does that thing have in it? I've never heard any diesel except for a Steiger sound like that. That thing really came alive when he put the pedal on the floor. lol

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! What kind of cam does that thing have in it?

All in the pump my friend, all in the pump. Cams don't make diesels lope like they do in gassers, fueling is what makes them lope.

She's been brought up alot on other forums, seems to be a strong running truck. But alot of hype has also been smashed down by her competitors.

Either way, it's a nice swap, a good runner, and a girl that likes to whoop up on the boys. What's not to love?

sootman73

Reaction score
the only thing though is that the cap on engine size for most everywhere is 460ci. and since that engine didn't come in that truck it excludes it from quite a few classes as well.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 dumb questions:

how do people open the hood with the exhaust sticking up through it?

also, do people win a lot of money at the truck pulls when they win? if not, how do they afford to spend tens of thousands on trucks like the one in this video? i can't even imagine what that truck cost - but i would sure like to have a street-legal version of it!

Paul

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer to 1st ? : the hood lifts off straight up. (or the stack has a quick release just below hood level. )

answer to the next one: the have a WAY better paying job than either one of us!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!! I need to talk to her. Be nice to know what tranny, T-case, and axles are being used. That will make it easier to norrow down the parts I need to go along with my DT466.

Heath

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!! I need to talk to her. Be nice to know what tranny, T-case, and axles are being used. That will make it easier to norrow down the parts I need to go along with my DT466.

Heath

Rockwell rearend for sure. Look in the sledpulling and staging lanes forums on CompD for a rundown of the truck.

Some stuff on youtube, in descriptions and vids, have the trucks power output at anywhere between 1200 and 1800hp. Most commonly thrown around is 1500. IIRC, they had it on a dyno, and an honest 1050 was thrown down, with #2 diesel only as the combustible, but that could also be rumor.