whats going on why no idi guys

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ericboutin
Whoa, things must be different round here!!!:D I just noticed turbo69 has the BOOB link in his sig!! I left if off my sig just in case - i didn't want to get :shoot: and :yell: at for having it. Man these little smiley's are addictive!!
Well I guess it's safe to go and edit my sig alittle! :cool

Guys,

We have no issues with links in sigs here at OB, keep them clean and useful and they are good to go.

Mike

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
ya, Travis, you had a wealth of information up on your site. That’s good info that shouldn't be lost. Even if you get some other IDI guy to host it on his web page, we need to be sure that info doesn't just get forgotten.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Looks like youve got some IDI Guys here now hu?

Originally posted by F350camper
ya, Travis, you had a wealth of information up on your site. That’s good info that shouldn't be lost. Even if you get some other IDI guy to host it on his web page, we need to be sure that info doesn't just get forgotten.

I agree with you Rob, Travis has forgtton more about the IDI than I know about them! (that is prolly not saying much :) )

Later,
Darrin

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by F350camper
What he said :)

If it comes to it, I'd be willing to host the info. I'm (slowly; school takes up wayyy too much time ;) ) working on building an IDI page to incorporate into the webpage that I desperately need to revamp. ;) I'm going to put that page I put together about doing the head gaskets and turbo into it, and add other projects (minor and major; for instance, I've got pictures of replacing the heater core and the process of installing the coolant filter just waiting for me to write some HTML and add in) to the list as time allows. If you don't have the space or don't want to deal with it, I'd be willing to...

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
Well, I'll agree with what has been said so far. I've got close to 13,000 posts on TDS, and I'm the second highest poster there, so I guess you could say I have an investment in that place, and feel partially responsible for helping make the basement a sucess for at least the 6 or so years I can remember being in there. However, some of the TDS-ism's are starting to creap into my territory, and I'm not likin' it much. I've currently got a big article submitted since late October or so, and there doesn't seem to be any urgency to getting it posted, or finding out if the articles editor is still alive, or what have you. We also are getting flack (currently unresolved) about linking off site to other forums which provide services that TDS does not, and that issue seems to have about as much priority as getting my article published, so I've got one foot in the boat and one on the shore right now. I may end up playing both sides of the fence until the balance of power changes and we see which way the tide swings. So, I'll bring a peace offering here to Oilburners, and say if you guys want my article, I'll submit it here. Maybe it will actually get read.
Well, it looks like the IDI guys are coming over! It's good to see you Mel. It seems TDS has gotten to all pewrsonality types now from the hotheads to the serious IDI (and powerstroke) techies and lovers. Welcome to OB all
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
:added upon reflection:
This is probably the last time I will see my name with more posts than Mel:D
Ken

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Originally posted by NJKen
:added upon reflection:
This is probably the last time I will see my name with more posts than Mel:D
Ken

I think 99% of us could attest to that!:D

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I cut my diesel teeth at TDS and I feel a sense of connection or sentiment because of all I learned there since I joined in early '02, before I bought my '94. All the guys I learned from seem to be here as well. I'll be splitting time between the two sites. The basement at TDS still suits me and OB.Net will make a fine addition. Perhaps the BS will trickle down to the basement at TDS and it won't be any fun anymore, but we'll see.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Originally posted by troutwest66
I cut my diesel teeth at TDS and I feel a sense of connection or sentiment because of all I learned there since I joined in early '02, before I bought my '94. All the guys I learned from seem to be here as well. I'll be splitting time between the two sites. The basement at TDS still suits me and OB.Net will make a fine addition. Perhaps the BS will trickle down to the basement at TDS and it won't be any fun anymore, but we'll see.

Yup

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve

My computer coughed up a hair ball a few weeks back and I have been dragging my feet about getting it back up and running.

you mean you aren't just going to go buy a newer one, different kind of course? <innocent look>

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Acutally I'm doing the same... Just waiting on the Ebay shipments here...

Building a new one from scratch - was just going to get a computer in a box, but I decided to do as I have always done build it myself. So I got a new **** bang Motherboard in shipment from Ebay and once it gets here I'm going to start looking for a processor, memory, case... yadda yadda yadda... Prices on line for processors have not peaked my interest enough for me to flunk down the money so I'm going to hold off and see what the local computer shows bring. I got this one at home limping at the moment but my stuff is on CD and my CD drive has gone on strike so I bought a new one which it still say bite my :Q with at that point I replied with "YOUR FIRED" same as I told The Enterprise when I fired her back up and she started knocking again... :D Which I must say I said a few other strong words but we don't need to go into those...

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Originally posted by GaPchNCrm
you mean you aren't just going to go buy a newer one, different kind of course? <innocent look>

Now that was funny Tanya. Best swonk I've ever seen.

japar

Reaction score
There is something that will make this part more appealing to the basement dwellers.....if there was a "FAQ" section at the top of the post listing, where many of the bolt torque specs, axle decoder info, head gasket procedures, etc.... was permenantly tacked to the top of the page, it would make OB a reference point for us.

We have Sticky Threads now and the membership is growing