whats going on why no idi guys

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
95 Stroke

I have a few things written up that were on my website for a while that guys in the basement about cried over when I ripped it all down. If you would like (when I get my 'puter running) I can bounce them off ya. My computer coughed up a hair ball a few weeks back and I have been dragging my feet about getting it back up and running. The things I have are cavitation, coolant filter mod, fuel pump mod and injection pump tear down/replacement of the delivery valve (DV is not for the faint of heart).

Travis,

I was hoping youd chime in here. When you get your situation fixed let me know, it would be a great addition to this forum.

Mike

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dieselmaster,

Youve wrenched around on the SuperDuty's enough, do you have anything good that we could add for tech tips and FAQ's in the 7.3 forum? Ive got the okay from BAZ to use his site for the 94-97 reference page in addition to the PN# list. We could do a 94-97 FAQ/INFO thread and a 99/newer FAQ/INFO thread in the 7.3 forum.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Originally posted by towcat
Here's the problem.......the IDI section(6.9&7.3), commonly known as the "basement", happens to hold a rather contented bunch down there. There is not as much, if any, personal conflicts that happen down there...Here's the reason..... TDS is for all intent is a business. IDI guys don't have a whole lot of aftermarket parts or the makret following that the advertisers are looking for. Outside of maintence items, there is no focus from any of the "sponsors" to the IDI group.
Bottom line is, as ignored as the IDI group is( AND THAT IS A REALLY GOOD THING), we tend to play well with each other and therefore we don't venture far from TDS land. Who knows what may happen in the future.....

Hmmmmmm....

I have a feeling I know what gonna happen in the future...

Hey guys thought I'd go ahead and drop a little line. Just signed up, and honestly have to say that you all are mostly right in your "why we don't stray away from TDS" theories. I myself have found a great wealth of info there, but am quickly tiring of the feuding and over moderating, and the general ****-like BS, especially as of late.

But, I'm here now, not exclusively, just here, looking for something a little different. I hope to be able to offer to any one I can any assistance I can, and still play nice.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling I know what gonna happen in the future...

Hey guys thought I'd go ahead and drop a little line. Just signed up, and honestly have to say that you all are mostly right in your "why we don't stray away from TDS" theories. I myself have found a great wealth of info there, but am quickly tiring of the feuding and over moderating, and the general ****-like BS, especially as of late.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
welcome to the "adult swim" rated site of dieselland :D I stumbled on your thread over at the BOOB site(don't let the name mislead the rest of you guys....its really "G" rated) last nite and I see even the other basement dwellers are anticipating the change coming. Change will come, those who can handle OB will start showing up here more frequently and those who like a more sanitized enviroment will go elsewhere. Ultimately, what happens and the pace of change will be determined by the amount of harassment the mods at TDS do to us.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, rest assured guys, we welcome you with open arms here at OB. Come in, sit down, kick your shoes off grab a cold beverage and lets talk trucks, when we get tired of talking trucks lets go to the other areas and not talk trucks and not overmoderate the place out of existance.

Mike

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I noticed the "adult swim" attitude round here. I kinda like it. I'm gonna watch the TDS crap real careful. but I think I may be changing mainstays soon.

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well Here I am :) I'll give the oilburners a shot. Thanks for the heads up Bobby. Looks good so far. Russ

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I'm seeing a few familiar names:cool
Y'all make yourself at home!
Spead the word:thanks:

Travis has a ton of info and any info/experience I have is from the koledge of hard knocksLOL

Trying to get that info presentable;)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Russ.

Geo, I am working on the PN# list for the PSD's as well. Baz gave me the nod to use his page here so Ill do that as well. This parts list is turning into a major PITA tho.

Mike

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of interest in oilburners over at the tds in the "where is swany thread" so things may be picking up soonLOL It is time to bring the tds down a couple of notches :D

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I got some pics and scans and a CD manual, and its all available. I just don't know what to do with it. I'm like George, mine 'knowledge' is mostly from the school of hard knocks. What do we do with stuff we think may be good info for a sticky?

91f250hyper

Reaction score
im not the biggest poster in the world but i do vist every day and read all the treads i can.i do know when turbo69,gruss,travis and other highly experienced people come over this will be the place for all the best idi info. so im not to dumb to know were the smart people are

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Dieselmaster,

Youve wrenched around on the SuperDuty's enough, do you have anything good that we could add for tech tips and FAQ's in the 7.3 forum? Ive got the okay from BAZ to use his site for the 94-97 reference page in addition to the PN# list. We could do a 94-97 FAQ/INFO thread and a 99/newer FAQ/INFO thread in the 7.3 forum.

I wish I had taken pictures of the things I had done..

I did my three gauge pillar install - boost, trans, pyro
4" turbo out exhaust
Boost relief valve
early 99 to 2003 air intake then again to an open element
6.5" ProComp lift
Heater bypass mod
2 pair KC light install
Power Pedal mod
door lock actuator repair/replace
Transgo Shift kit
replaced all the skins on the leather seats
Hutches pre-pump and in-tank mods
Harpoon's vent mod
HX line mod
$10 AIC - was really more like $20 with shipping :D
replace oring in fuel filter drain petcock

Those are some of the mods I've done.

I have also replaced the DMFlywheel on a 95 with a single LUK.
waterpump
thermostat
radiator
PCM
IDM
CPS
Injector harness
starter
batteries

Those are the things off the top of my head... I could probably run out and get my log book and find some of the other things I have done... If there is anything in that list to spark interest let me know... Like I said.. I wish I had taken pictures... Especially with the lift... there several little things that were weird because my truck was an early 99 that I had to do differently to make it work.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DM,

You have an extensive list of mods there, some of them would make EXCELLENT write-ups in THIS FORUM .

Of particular interest are the following,

Power Pedal Mod.
Boost Relief Valve.
Transgo shift kit.
Heater bypass.
HX mod.
$10 AIC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member