What's a top dollar IDI worth?

OldManNeil

Reaction score
I have been looking high and low for a good IDI and want a quick gut check from the team her. I came across a "cream puff," one owner 1991 with 150,000 miles. Crew Cab, 4x4, 5speed, Banks Turbo, no rust, perfect paint, never raced, only driven to church on Sunday etc.

It's listed at $14,500... which means he's high, or thinks he has a power stroke... or both. I have not seen it yet but assuming it truly is perfect what would you guys pay for this?

Thanks

MrStretch

Reaction score
Is it white? Asking for a “friend”. I probably shouldn’t admit this on here but I paid 6 for my 92 CC. 250k. I’ve recently seen a low mile NA cc that has a 14k asking price. That seems outrageous. I think the powerstroke is a fair comparison. Any IDI should be 4-5k less than an equivalent PS.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay more than 5k for an idi and it’d have to be clean, 4x4, back seat, and turbo to pay that much. If I was in a position to spend 14k I’d be looking for a 7.3 power stroke with less than 100k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF it were truly perfect, and I mean "new on the showroom" perfect, AND less than 50k miles (though I'd prefer 10-25k), then I'd pay $15k in a heartbeat if I had the money. If it had 150k miles on it like the truck you're describing though, I would strongly consider it but I'd also be extremely picky about any dents, scratches, and its maintenance history. For that kind of money, I would be expecting damn near perfection.

OldManNeil

Reaction score
If it is really as perfect as described my instinct says I'd be fine to overpay at like $9500. But when you can get a good runner for $6-7k... even 9.5 is hard to justify.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 93 in my sig line was appraised with 40k org. Miles a few yrs ago at 16+....
It's NOT the average of anything out there.
It's a time capsule,100% orig.
My insurance agent would cover it for more as her valuation was more.
I dunno who would pay that for a 24 y.o. Rig tho

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to sell mine id ask 7k. 125k miles, has just a minor front main leak. Very clean factory 94 turbo auto, brand new 35s and wheels , a/c, cruise control, etc etc

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
We all may scoff at the idea of a 5 digit IDI, but there's always someone out there with a connection to IDI's (perhaps owned one, or relative owned one, etc.) and a bucket load of money.

I could see a low mile crew cab 4x4 IDI, in immaculate shape, and regardless of year, fetching that price.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The market is what someone is willing to value it. If money were no object and it was as good as it was being described, I’d pay his asking. Paying 14k for it now and then selling it for 5-10k in several years (not factoring any appreciation in) is no worse than financing a 50k 1/2 ton now and watching it depreciate 1/3 to 1/2 in five years. I watch people at auctions spend way more money on cars they have emotional attachment to and then just have them sit in their showroom.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Around here, the obs powerstrokes have been high for a couple years......superduty 7.3 trucks much cheaper.....and 6.0 trucks even cheaper. But the prices on the superdutys has been coming up the last 6 months or so.

THe prices of the obs crewcabs (diesel.....but even the gassers are getting higher now) reminds me of even 5 five years ago people wanted stupid money for the first gen cummins trucks

FordGuy100

Reaction score
In 2008 my parents sold their 1995 OBS 4x4 CC for $9500. 140k miles iirc, fresh trans, completely clean. I still kick myself for not buying it somehow.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here, the obs powerstrokes have been high for a couple years......superduty 7.3 trucks much cheaper.....and 6.0 trucks even cheaper. But the prices on the superdutys has been coming up the last 6 months or so.

THe prices of the obs crewcabs (diesel.....but even the gassers are getting higher now) reminds me of even 5 five years ago people wanted stupid money for the first gen cummins trucks

They still do want stupid money for them haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7