What year injector pumps will work on 93 7.3?

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhaul has a pump, but they're listed for 88-90 7.3. Rockauto lists the same pump for an 89 and a 93. Is that true? If so ill pick up the uhaul pump. If not, what are the differences?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any stanadyne DB2 injection pump will work on any Ford idi engine no matter 6.9, 7.3 or 7.3 turbo. The slight differances will not be felt by anyone here. Now some pumps have a torque screw and some don't but they still work the same. This is really the true .... One size fits all...:sly

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One size fits all a 6.9 will flow a lil less fuel but you can turn it. It's not enough to matter.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above is true but you and I will not feel the differance.. They will bolt up without issues.

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by my most lovely beautiful girlfriend that if I'm patient and wait till after Christmas I can get a baby moose. Naturally I agreed with her judgement. I think that's a good trade off!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the baby moose! Pretty sure some people on here have had trouble with the Uhaul IPs since they have been sitting so long. The quality rebuild is definitely the way to go

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Waiting sucks... Get it now or at least order it now. I really have no idea what the wait is with Mel and the new business. I did read he was working on some shelf stock so nobody needed to wait. Might give them a call or pm them at Consetoga Diesel.. The web site is really nice too..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online