What would you take off an IDI for spare?

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 F250 I bought for parts. Was sitting in a field for 2 years. Cables rotted, solenoid shot, but when I threw a battery on it and jumped the relay it fired up like it just shut down 5 mins ago!
157k on truck
Body rotted
I have a 94 E350
What would be good to keep? I don't have anywhere to keep the engine, wish I did.
Took injector system, starter, alt.

Anyone need anything?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a Saginaw power steering pump or a FORD power steering pump on that E350?

I'd suggest if you cannot store an engine, then look at hard parts! Heads, IP for spare/core, injectors, injector lines and clamps, accessories, the fuel filter setup is different than a van but the filter head could be the same.

JM2CW

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know which pump I have, I will check. Which is better? Pump is white plastic if that helps.
Tempted to pull the steer box, redgear will give $100 for big spline boxes. But the bus box was a major PITA to pull!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its got nice seats which it probably doesnt if its been chillin in a field for a while I would take them. Seats seem to be a big money item, I have been searching for a gray 40 20 40 bench for a very long time. I had some gray buckets and center console I got for $100 and sold them to a friend, wish I didnt!!

Honestly you should nickel and dime it and just take everything you can that might have any value at all. lot of work but will pay off! I bought a 1986 f250 2wd for 700 that I nickel and dimed til I got 2700 out of it, AND got to keep TONS of parts for myself.

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't want to scrap the engine, but have no where to store it!
Sold Tranny and transfer case, sorry steamtownwelde.
I'll check the seats. I think the driver side is ripped. I think it's a straight bench.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The serpentine belt is a great setup to save. Make sure you get the alternater and ac compresser too. Both of the aluminum mounts the alt and pumps connect to have three special hardened bolts that are a custom length. Get those too or there will be issues finding those later. Save the engine at any cost too. Or sell it cheap to a member on this site but no other sites...:eek::angel: We don't like to share with others...:D But realy... Please don't scrap the engine...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Agreed. I would try to either keep the engine or sell it to someone who could use it. It is important that we try and keep parts available for these vehicles for many years to come!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I'd keep the rad support. I'd keep as much as I could afford to store. wiring harness, oil cooler is a big one, oil pan in case yours rots out. I'd keep the engine if it came my way.

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now you all made it complicated. I agree. I'd hate to see the engine scraped. Has a new oil pan too:)
I sent steamtownwelde a pm.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hopefully this engine will find a new home... We can buy new heads and internals but no new blocks are made anywhere on the planet. Thats a really sad thing too.