What wires do what

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok in cleaning my batt connections today I found a set of what look like factory wires that run down to something mounted on the frame rail on the drivers side just south of the battery it's self. These are marked with a "5" then a bunch of numbers that my little brain can't remember at the moment but looks like a part number if you ask me.

My thought pattern is these are for the intake heaters (grid heaters). I say this because they are about 8-10 gauge or so, ends are terminated with some boots that remind me of spark plug wires. Can't really see much else at the moment because of the lightning situation in the garage. I assume all the other wires hanging off the posts that are ring terminals are for all the accessories on the truck (stereo, exhaust brake, trailer charge relay and etc). I say this because it just seems to me that an OEM style would not be to throw all these ring terms on there. The reason I ask is these appear to be stock and the ring terminal is covered in corrosion so I need to replace the terminal but I don't think I can make the wire fit length wise once I clip the ends back.

Oh and I must say that I was a double ******** while working on her. I go out open the door - slide in neutral, release parking brake and push her back some to gain access in front to go under the hood. But in doing so I have the drivers door standing wide open and rolled her back into my tool box which is sitting on the drivers side and bonked the door pretty good :smash: :idiot:

No damage to the door or tool box - luck was with me on that one. But did scrap up the paint on the inside of the door by the latch/catch assembly... You should have seen this fat man scramble and quick at that... Hurt my pride more than anything else...