what to do....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
ok a recent thread on here sparked some interested in fixing my truck up a little more on the outside. so what would you do to it if you owned it? i have a few ideas on what to do, but not really sure.

265s all the way around
level the front up a little
put on a flatbed
camo strip or tan from the body line down
remove molding and chrome around the wheel wells
add cab lights

is there anything you would add or remove to that list?

and heres a pic of how it sits now

You must be registered for see images attach

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straighten the front bumper, get some new hubcaps, and polish it up. No need for a fancy exhaust tip without a new exhaust to put it on.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a real clean truck, hate to see a bed that nice get dropped for a flatbed. unless of course you run around with a gooseneck trailer a large portion of the time. otherwise for true functionality, toss a hide a ball in the bed, put up a headache rack and put in a toolbox. until you have a toolbox you dont know what you're missing

but like i said, clean truck. dont let us internet folk tell ya what to do with your truck, you're the one who'll be drivin it haha

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Straighten the front bumper, get some new hubcaps, and polish it up. No need for a fancy exhaust tip without a new exhaust to put it on.
Agreed with Ryan. IMHO the truck looks very good as it is...to each his own, but if it were my truck, I'd leave it the way it is ;Sweet

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments yall. forgot to mention the hood is primered, now i need to sand and primer the roof. the bed has small holes in it all the way around the top. i dont really need a flatbed but i love the look of them. i had a tool box in it, but it was really shallow, and wasnt enough room. definitly wanna change up the paint scheme on it, just cant decide between camo or tan on the bottom, or ive thought of rhino lining it. opinions?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
If going flat bed, make it a dually. But agreed with other, if you have no need for a flat bed no point of putting one on.
And yes, straighten the bumper

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I would hate losing the functionality of a normal bed. I like to know my stuff isn't going to slide out.

I wouldn't do much to your truck, other than 265s and a leveling.

I don't care for the camo look. Having driven cars that stand out, you get very tired of it after a while.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
How do you straighten the bumper? I wanna change up the color a little bit. I think tan on the bottom would look good. I don't really Want a dually.this summer I have plans on putting a 44 up front with 35s. Just want a little change untill then.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
How do you straighten the bumper?

Copy and past from the OTHER forum you asked the same question on

""""Depending if the bumper is bent or just the brackets.

Remove the bumper and see if the brackets are bent. If they are beat them straight with a hammer.

If the bumper is bent, loosen the bumper and slide it all the way down. then tighten the brackets back up. get a floor jack and a 2x4 and put it under the corner of the bumper that is bent down. Jack it up right into the fender, then let off"""

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments yall. forgot to mention the hood is primered, now i need to sand and primer the roof. the bed has small holes in it all the way around the top. i dont really need a flatbed but i love the look of them. i had a tool box in it, but it was really shallow, and wasnt enough room. definitly wanna change up the paint scheme on it, just cant decide between camo or tan on the bottom, or ive thought of rhino lining it. opinions?
Didn't realize that there were paint issues...in that case, a re-paint would make sense. Personally, I would keep that dark green...one of my favorite colors :angel: With that said, 92F350CC makes a very good point about a stand-out paint job. One of the things I have learned over the years is, there's quite a bit of value in keeping a low profile and blending in...it keeps Smokey Bear from paying attention to you and reduces your chances of a ticket (speeding or otherwise). Unfortunately and ironically, a camo paint job makes the truck stick out like a sore thumb.

And, ironically, I have the opposite outlook about flatbeds...I think a standard pickup bed looks much nicer, but I'm thinking about switching to a flatbed because I want to do a dualie conversion, and I'm thinking that a flatbed makes more logistical sense compared to finding a good-condition dualie bed and good-condition doghouses...

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
+1 on the toolbox. I did not believe, but my IDI came with one, and HOSH*#! A truck with a trunk! That and they do look good.

I do recommend the Rhino lining also. I've had a bedliner on a personal truck, and a Rhino on a work truck. Rhino all the way.

Perhaps a bug guard, and a visor? However, thas just what I like in the look department.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visor - yes
Cab lights - yes
Rhino lining on the rocker panels - yes
Camo - No
7" tip - No. Too big and draws unwanted attention to that detail
Flat bed and tool box could go either way.
Go with smoked lights front rear top bottom