what is the deal with U-haul stuff?

78fordf150

Reaction score
okay so i have been seeing alot of talk about U-haul Ip,and u-haul Injectors,what makes these any better than what a idi came with from factory.Cause i thought that U-haul governed the speed of all there truck so won't it make u-haul stuff junk for a performance application

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just the fact that they cleared out a bunch of their Diesel inventory a couple of months ago and we bought a bunch stuff here cheap. That is the only reason they got talked about a lot, Price point.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Price... ;Sweet

The U-haul stuff is cheap, and they don't have a core charge for most of it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay so i have been seeing alot of talk about U-haul Ip,and u-haul Injectors,what makes these any better than what a idi came with from factory.Cause i thought that U-haul governed the speed of all there truck so won't it make u-haul stuff junk for a performance application

Forget about it, they don't ship to Canada anyhow. You would have to have an address in the states to ship to and pickup there.

You might contact Frank at U-haul, I understand some of the parts came from Canada to a central shipping point, Kansas City, MO there main warehouse. Check here for any parts left.

http://epc.uhaul.com/LinkOne/Viewer/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=/LinkOne/Viewer/default.aspx

For performance, gotta spend a couple of thousand.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There stuff was speed limited through gearing mostly, especially the MDTs. I think the 1 ton cut-aways had overspeed buzzers to keep you from exceeding their desired speed.
Travis..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can i get one of these u-haul pumps and injectors also.. if they are cheap and in limited supplie i should get the stuff now why it's cheap instead of regret it later.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where can i get one of these u-haul pumps and injectors also.. if they are cheap and in limited supplie i should get the stuff now why it's cheap instead of regret it later.

I'll ship you a pump for $275. No injectors left on U-haul anymore.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be careful on how long you plan on parking one of these on a shelf. my guess is that they have been built for some time. i've installed three of them and all had the vinyl caps on them still but they were hardened. Also, filling the filter with pump lube would not be a bad idea. all three were sluggish in revving up for a little bit untl they were warmed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.