What if...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol funny you say that! I would be the first. Anyways so I was trying to get another part for y truck the guy at ford was like it obsilete I was like dang he said ya there not very good trucks. I said if you have a complete NOS truck on the show room floor I would buy it in a heart beat. He said that would be the worst choice you could possibly make he was like you would hate it. I said well I have two and im lookin for another one. He said ok good luck with that they will completly stop selling parts soon. I wanted to hit him with his stupid key board lol.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Lol funny you say that! I would be the first. Anyways so I was trying to get another part for y truck the guy at ford was like it obsilete I was like dang he said ya there not very good trucks. I said if you have a complete NOS truck on the show room floor I would buy it in a heart beat. He said that would be the worst choice you could possibly make he was like you would hate it. I said well I have two and im lookin for another one. He said ok good luck with that they will completly stop selling parts soon. I wanted to hit him with his stupid key board lol.

He had the dodge in the lot. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... The only real part thats not being made by anyone here or overseas is the blocks. The small parts that are discontinued are not really that big of an issue. Mostly we know how to do without whats not made any longer. That parts guy was probably parrotting what someone told him. So he passed it along to you.

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we have been seeing displacement increasing again 6.9 7.3 6.0 6.4 6.7....if ford did remake the 7.3 it would be a great PR idea.

Like dodge played off the reputation of the hemispherical heads in older cars, ford could play off the reputation of the old 7.3 and make a killing.

Black dawg

Reaction score
What if they started making 6.9 and 7.3 idis again in ford pickups? Who'd buy one?!
It would be cool, but they would likely be emmisions choked electronic controlled turds. And the average person would never buy one because they would have half the power of the shiny new dodge right across the street.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I just wish they limited the power output of the new trucks, but built them to handle a lot. That way there would be way less warranty work (one would assume), and yet the guys who like to hotrod them can.

I would really like to see an inline 6, factory compound setup, with a manual tranny offered, along with an auto that has 7-8 gears....which would help keep it in the powerband. 250-300hp, 700-850 ft lbs of torque.

Who am I kidding though?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Put a truck together that requires an assembled title.
Done it with Mater my 2007 F 250 IDI powered truck and gonna do it with my latest acquisition. It'll be either a 2012 or 2013 truck when I'm done with it. :D
And yes it's insured at the assembled year rates and value.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they would just make vehicles simple again it would be nice. Stupid electronic everything that's just more crap to go wrong later. And the it will park it self just hit a button or it will apply the brakes if you get to close to something and every other sensor in these new vehicles is just letting people drive crapper and the more crap they put in cars the worse its going to get!! You know once you start feed the bears they be come reliant on it!

I would take my truck in and have someone professionally restore it before I would buy a new anything.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford may stop making parts but will International?. Years ago I had a chance to get an International travelall ambulance and I called a dealer to ask about parts in general. He had told me if it has a V8 we still make parts but if it has a six cylinder we do not. It was a V8 but I decided against buying it anyway.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they made a new IDI would I buy it? Probably not.

If they made a truck with the ease of service, and reliability of an IDI, and a drivetrain stout enough to handle 1000hp or so, I'd be all over it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online