What editions did ford have?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I’m looking at a 1987 F-250 with 80k hasn’t rolled over yet clean truck was her brothers truck then he passed so it’s been sitting for a couple years the neutral safety switch is out but it’s mine for $600. It’s a ex cab and under the back windows it says limited edition and on the door jamb it say custom built ford if I remember correctly. Was this a dealer package?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say yes.

In the Bricknose trucks, the packages should be, from the factory:

No package
Custom
XLT
XLT Lariat

The custom is normally a "Plain Jane" work truck... manual everything, rubber floor, white paint....
XLT will have a few more creature comforts
XLT Lariat will normally be decked out

But remember, they could be ordered however you wanted them. My 88 XLT Lariat had all the options, but manual windows and door locks...

Also the no package I mentioned, this could be equipped any way. This just means it was ordered with each desired option individually, which was common back then. It wasn't like now that if I want a certain option, I must get this option group, that comes with 10 other things.... I.E. If i want the nicer stereo, I have to get the "convenience group" that has the fancier dash, and power seats, mirrors, and the accent lighting group. You can't just upgrade the radio....... My 11 is that way, it's an XL, but has a few upgrades, that I believe were only available together.

We had an 83 F-150 that was a "no package" truck. But it had A/C, Tilt, Dual Tanks, Chrome Bumpers, Vinyl Seat, Rubber Floor, AM/FM Radio, the $1500 Victoria Paint Package, Manual Windows and Locks, 4x4 with front and rear Factory Limited Slip, 351/C-6. It was a really nice truck, but wasn't an XLT Lariat.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Awesome I think I’ll try and get this truck running and go from there. Was 87 still a c6?

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E4OD started in '89, the C6 was still available for several years after the E4OD appeared.
Truck sounds like it has some dealer customization, not uncommon back in the day.

Eli

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Was 87 still a c6?
It's pretty easy to tell. There's the VRV on the driver's side of the IP. You have a vacuum line running down over the back of the engine to the Vacuum modulator. You could also check underneath to see if there's a vacuum modulator. If there's any vacuum going to the transmission, it's a C6.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance