Reaction score
autometer/on the pillar from top to bottom;
oil pressure
water temp
trans temp

banks-dynafact/below the ash tray from left to right;
boost
pyro
oil temp (still no sending unit hooked up though.i put it off cus i know my aux cooler cured high temps.)

exact replica in log truck,minus oil temp.

That looks clean. Autometer cups? What are the bigish knobs? Are they just the hold downs?

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saburai,

I called the vendor of that pillar pod (the guy on ebay.com) and asked that precise question. - He said that it WILL fit all the IDI cabs & without "trimming" or modification. - From what he told me last week, the "pillars" are all the same for years & years.

I think I'm going to buy one while he has them at half price, though I don't have the gauges or the turbo yet for my 1986 super-cab.

yours, satx

Last edited:

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saburai,

I called the vendor of that pillar pod (the guy on ebay.com) and asked that precise question. - He said that it WILL fit all the IDI cabs & without "trimming" or modification. - From what he told me last week, the "pillars" are all the same for years & years.

I think I'm going to buy one while he has them at half price, though I don't have the gauges or the turbo yet for my 1986 super-cab.

yours, satx

As a guy that has taken a pillars out of all 3 style trucks, they in fact are not the same from 83-94. But on an 89 you might get away with cutting the ends off a newer style and fastening it to your pillars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like that little display that shows all the temps and pressures, kind of like a modern diesel.

here is what I did.

You must be registered for see images attach

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a guy that has taken a pillars out of all 3 style trucks, they in fact are not the same from 83-94. But on an 89 you might get away with cutting the ends off a newer style and fastening it to your pillars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good info Frank. What's the rhree gauge pillar option for my '90?

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saburai,

Check out "awesomecarparts" on ebbay.com. His sale price is currently 16.75 with free shipping. - He told me that he will willingly refund my money if I'm not happy.

The item number is: 391363604797.

Btw, I'm an expert on NOTHING. - Check out "FarmerFranks" comment below.

yours, satx

Last edited:

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The obs one will fit your 90 with a little trimming. Looks just as good as it does on obs. At least that's my experience

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks clean. Autometer cups? What are the bigish knobs? Are they just the hold downs?

yeah it's decent setup,thanks.

there are 3 buttons next to each gauge.they were for the original gauges i had in there (cyberdyne digital gauges - which didn't last.poorly built) for a function to show last high points reached during each trip.
(so you could press the one beside coolant temp and see the hottest the engine ran,was neat in theory if the gauges were worth a lick.)

there is one large dial knob.this is to adjust/fine tune/turn on or off/my electric cooling fan controller.

lastly,there is one rocker switch at the bottom.this used to go to a aux cooling fan i had on a aux trans cooler.since upgraded to larger cooler and never required it (turned out i never needed it for my old smaller one either.)

long story short,i could of just said,they are unrelated to the gauges lol.but that would of been less interesting.:D

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
burt is correct that it takes some persuading of the bottom of the pod to make it fit. otherwise you can simply cut the end off and not even deal with it, but in that case you more than likely need to have the factory pillar trim behind it. Mine I traded the factory one for the gauge pod. it looks good in my opinion.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the 1990 F350 with zf5 and the picture is upside down ugh and...

1990 F150 with T18 and...

1989 F250 with m5od

Last edited:

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok having cut these trucks apart...

All 3 pillars are indeed pretty much the same one to the other THAT I HAVE SEEN manufacturung tollerances aside.

HOWEVER...the PLASTIC A pillar trims...are indeed slightly different amongst the years/body styles....

THUS...some trimming sanding or reconstructive work may be required.

JM7.3CW Eh!