What do your gauge setups look like?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Should I hook my new water temp gauge in the sending unit port or the temp light switch port? I'm figuring the sending unit port, but everything about this truck is a bit confusing !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mines in the sending port.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 55

tmills213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like this for right now. full install soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

tmills213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly was I was going for. I don't like pillar pods. It is going in factory location. parts are adding up a little fast but I have bought other things with it while learning. I am a mech eng. and the code is still very slow. I am starting from scratch and never really learned much programming unfortunately. It is doable if you need help. I was thinking about doing a write up like a few others have for a basic setup and maybe even offer a kit if people don't want to think about it but we'll see if there is interest.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rdoimages is that a banks setup? I've heard Banks doesn't make those any more, I have a pod like the top part.... does anyone know where I can find the whole setup or just the bottom part.

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know who made it, it might have been an autometer, my turbo is an ATS 088.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Not all hooked up yet, but getting them in was the interesting part. Hack that dash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the CTS Pyro / Boost combination unit I hqve

As seen from Drivers seat

Close up... otice 12 lb boost line in red...I make 4 if lucky 5...swiss cheese up pipe lol

I am considering a custom section along top of dash similar to the one previosly posted of thin plywood but I would make it much more refined. I may add a A pillar setup too.

The F650 ceiling pod would be nice for something too...

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten mine all fabbed in and all the lights work, need to get h2o hooked up, couldn't get the line thru the firewall, need a bigger bit and pyrometer is non functional, wiring seems good, couldn't get the sensor out of the outlet, not sure how I'm going to attack it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have gotten mine all fabbed in and all the lights work, need to get h2o hooked up, couldn't get the line thru the firewall, need a bigger bit and pyrometer is non functional, wiring seems good, couldn't get the sensor out of the outlet, not sure how I'm going to attack it.

If a hammer cant fix it....it is an electrical problem...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has really become a very helpful thread! made this a while ago when I was first getting my pyro and was trying to get some ideas on how you guys setup your gauges... Really hope this has been as helpful for everyone as it has for me!

Maybe sticky this?

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My setup - custom dash assembly on the 85. Oil sump temp is the gauge below the dash on the left, and boost is a 2" gauge sitting on top of the dash out of view to the left. I also have a ~1/2" red light on the center trim area (flat section above the radio) that is setup as a master caution light wired to low oil pressure, engine over temp and low coolant level switches. Eventually I plan to put a selectable display/warning system based around a PIC type microcontroller that will have low level alarms and temp reading/overtemp alarm for all fluids (engine oil/water, trans/t-case/rear end oil), outside air temp, intercooler in/out temp, etc etc.

DougL

Reaction score
My setup - custom dash assembly on the 85. Oil sump temp is the gauge below the dash on the left, and boost is a 2" gauge sitting on top of the dash out of view to the left. I also have a ~1/2" red light on the center trim area (flat section above the radio) that is setup as a master caution light wired to low oil pressure, engine over temp and low coolant level switches. Eventually I plan to put a selectable display/warning system based around a PIC type microcontroller that will have low level alarms and temp reading/overtemp alarm for all fluids (engine oil/water, trans/t-case/rear end oil), outside air temp, intercooler in/out temp, etc etc.

Well, you win.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think it was originally Tim's (TheWarden) idea, I just finally got around to doing it.

Wound up where the only gauge that actually did anything in the original cluster was the tach, so I figured I may as well just chuck it and see what I could do with the space.

Pretty sure I did a build thread on it, but I can't find the bloody thing. Basically is a sheet of 1/8 steel drilled for the gauges and mounted onto a highly modified stock cluster bucket section.