What do your gauge setups look like?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was someone on here that showed how to make a custom gage pod. Was really neat. Might search, "How to make a gage pod"

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made some angled pods using 2" ABS pipe. I think I cut them 22.5* I had some unused space above the radio, made a metal bracket and cut down the factory plastic. I don't have AC but have an AC dash, so used one of the AC vents for my water temp.

Attachments

• DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 112

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Very crude gauge set-up that was in my current project truck. The entire dash will be removed for replacement with grey dash. Four of these gauges will be moved to a four gauge pod on pillar. Pyro, 15psi Boost, mechanical oil pressure, mechanical temp.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very crude gauge set-up that was in my current project truck. The entire dash will be removed for replacement with grey dash. Four of these gauges will be moved to a four gauge pod on pillar. Pyro, 15psi Boost, mechanical oil pressure, mechanical temp.

hey it works!

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oldbull- where did you get your pillar, and does it come in differen colors? Looks pretty clean.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my four gauge pod from "Glow Shift". It's actually designed for OBS truck (1992 - 1997) however 5 mins of work with dremel tool and it fit my brick. The only color was grey. Around $50.00 if I remember correctly........

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
autometer/on the pillar from top to bottom;
oil pressure
water temp
trans temp

banks-dynafact/below the ash tray from left to right;
boost
pyro
oil temp (still no sending unit hooked up though.i put it off cus i know my aux cooler cured high temps.)

exact replica in log truck,minus oil temp.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 261

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite gauge location. Pyro on top of the steering column. Right where it is in view of the tach and speedo.

I also have a 4 gauge pillar pod filled with stuff.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was someone on here that showed how to make a custom gage pod. Was really neat. Might search, "How to make a gage pod"
I remember alienturtle doing a writeup here: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?43603-How-to-Make-Your-Own-Fiberglass-Gauge-Pod ...was this what you were talking about, or is there a second thread floating around as well?

How are you planning to work the pillar four-gauge pod with the spotlight? I'm considering doing something similar, so would love to see what you come up with (or what you came up with)...thank you! ;Sweet

Or, for that matter, has anyone else done pillar-mounted pods with an A-pillar mounted spotlight? Any pictures?