What do you think? price too high?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok a buddy told me about some box trucks for sell so i go look? right there on the back of the lot is a BRIGHT YELLOW 89 crew drw with flames! so i go back today for a test drive? 160k? local trade bought from stealership, this guy is clueless about this truck other than he thinks the yellow is gold!! it started up good, smoked a little (white) so i could see, when i could get my daughter out of the view, drove straight, stopped good, at 55 it was turning 2900? seems high? ok for the Gold part he is asking $6595 but will deal less? :backoff

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
4.10's that is what i thought, it just seemed to be screaming? it does have a 6 disk cd changer, running boards, brush guard, clean inside, some small rust spots, i could pick it to death but i don't think he will come down 2k?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's high.

I paid $5000 for my '90 F350 DRW reg cab XLT Lariat at a Dodge stealership and that was higher than book and I know it's just a regular cab but....
  1. :hail it has absolutly no rust
  2. no leaks anywhere
  3. :peelout ran and handled as well as the 2001 model PSD I drove earlier that day, both had 140,000 miles on them
  4. all power accessories work
  5. AC blows ice cold
  6. :Sly had 6 new Maxxis commercial tires on it
  7. :love: custom aluminum wheels
  8. a fairly new toolbox
  9. diamond plate bed protectors and tailgate protector
  10. :rock: new sony sterio with polk speakers
  11. electric brake controller
  12. wiring harness wasn't all chopped up and cobbled
  13. a few other goodies
  14. ;Sweetwifey was OK with it and was shopping with me, she's the one that wanted to run to the bank first.... a BIG plus.
I'm happy with my purchase:D

If this dealer bought it from another dealer that took it in trade it has been marked up twice already.

If buying an older vehicle like this from a dealership it's usually best to get them when they are freshly traded at the big dealers...IE Ford, Dodgem, Cheby, Toywagon etc...

You won't find them out front, you have to cruise the back lot where they put the older trades that they wholesale to other dealers because they don't like to sell them. That's how I found mine. Good Luck

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
"I SEE" said the blind man to his deaf wife on the phone. :rotflmao
it has some neat stuff? but i guess i'll have to start way low? i did that once before and the sales guy got mad, but hey if they want to sell it then deal? i don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. so should i say 4500 or 3500 to start? i really don't see paying over 4800 for it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker