What are your experiences?

Max Power

Reaction score
I would be interested to hear your experiences with 6.0Ls. My dad has one but only has 10,000kms on it. So far no troubles. It is an 03.

TheBundo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of them. The 1st was one of the earliest, an F-350 CC DRW. I took delivery on 12/2/2002, out on the west coast. It was the 3rd one on the road on TDS. The latest is a 2004, and F-450. Minor bugs, but nothing to ever take either one to the dealer for

All in all, I love the 6.0

cat320

Reaction score
can you replace injectors like in the new D-Max?

gleninaz

Reaction score
7000 miles on my 04/04 and it is so far the best I have owned. 16mpg in city, 13 towing my boat and 18 highway. Very strong engine and tranny. Will do the 4x4 testing next week on my turkey hunt. I have had no problems at all.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Brian, I had one of the first 6.0L's delivered.
It's never been to the shop, never reflashed and runs flawlessly. It did have the cold weather romps, but Synthetic oil fixed that completely.
Best rig I've ever owned.
I usually trade every three years, so I'll be ordering the new 07'6.4LTT as soon as Ford's order banks accepts..

Last edited:

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I bought my 6.0 in Oct 03. Since then I have towed my 12,750 lb 5th wheel from Oregon to Anaheim, CA and back and several trips over the coast range.

No problems at all with the truck except for surge, which a flash fixed.

I had a 2001 7.3 Lariat that I towed the same trailer with. It towed fine, but needed more power. Right or wrong, after larger exhaust, 4 bank chip and a more open intake, it still did not have enough for towing heavy mountains beyond 40 mph.

Now granted, that the 4.10 gears help a great deal when towing up the mountains, but this 6.0 with the torqeshift works great for me.

The difference was telling while towing the Grapevine. It is a steep, long grade (I think it's 8%). I still could not get up the hill faster then 50, but, that was only cause I could not get the slow-poke drivers out of my way :)

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How refreshing it is to read this. Not that I am cought up in the hype, but other places all you read about is trouble... and I don't beleive it all... I have a friend with a 03 6.0, just gonna see the shop at 35K for a broken center counsel.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
well, I'd have to take back what I said about my 04. last I heard, they had to replace dam near everything on it.

guess I shouldn't say anything about my 05er so I don't jinx myself.

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
May 12th 03 build. 5 reflashes for lack of low end power. Still sluggish off the line "6 speed, I can shift my own gears" 1 EGR cooler and 2 vvrt solinoids. Good mileage but the damn reflashes took away my quiet truck. 53K on it.

architect-builder

Reaction score
February 2003 build. Minor issues handled with flashes and recall replacements. Still have the bluish smoke on some start-ups, but that's about it. I really have enjoyed this truck and will keep it until the 08's come out. We just Ordered Rachel a new 05 Excursion, so I guess we really like this motor.

FWIW

Barrett

seagravedriver

Reaction score
How I like mine

About 22K on mine right now. I had a hunting idle, and a leaking rear main seal. Both problems fixed in less than 5 hours. It is the first new vehicle I have ever bought, and I have never looked back. I, in the words of e-bay, "highly recomend, A++++++" That is my story, the only thing I do not like is the price of diesel. Best wishes, Craig

Sooooooo, this is where everybody ended up :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7