West coast guys... Wanna meet me?

02AutoWag

Reaction score
Well Calvin suggested In-N-Out burgers. If you don't get a chance to get some in Southern CA, we can treat you to a few when you get to Sacramento (they opened one up just across the river). Give me a day and a time that you'll be arriving and we may be able to feed you some.

I live a 5 minute drive away from Amtrak. In a short evening/morning, you can view the State Capitol grounds, visit Old Sacramento (where the Train Museum is located), see the Capitol Bridge and the Sacramento River, watch a Sacramento RiverCats baseball game (Oakland A's AAA team; unfortunately they are playing away next week), eat food (In-N-Out as Calvin suggested, or just about any type of ethnic food you can think of,) and drink beer of course.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'll be leaving for the Fremont/Santa Clara area this coming Saturday morning and arriving down there Saturday afternoon/evening. I would really like to meet you, but don't know the area and don't want to get lost trying to find my way around. I'm be at work starting Monday morning, so it sounds like this time might not work out. I'm hoping to make it to the 2010 Rally though.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Mel, are you flying out there or driving? You'd be crazy if you're driving. lol
If you are by chance driving though and coming close by let me know I'd drive a bit to meet ya.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work evenings, so I am available for breakfast on Thursday. I'll PM you my number, and we can set something up if you like.
Travis..

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I would have liked to meet you face to face, but I'll be elbows deep moving a dental office in Sparks that day. I'll wave too! Enjoy the ride!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can probably meet you in LA for a short stay. I can bring my lumiy probes I just got for my Snapon MT 1480. You could take them home and use them for experiments. Then just ship them back when your done with them. I know I wont be doing any timing by the lumy method... Way too much trouble pulling a glow plug.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel-
INO is a kali institution. You gotta make time for it even though you're going to miss CSRM. www.in-n-out.com I just found out I have the rugrat with me on the same day, so a sacto run in the morning is now going to be out of the question for me. maybe next time for me.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way I could take the time off work to get up to Sacramento :( (especially on 1 week's notice) OTOH, if anyone in the Bay Area wants a limo ride up there... :angel:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
This all assumes that the trains run on time. Is that realistic?

How are they going to keep Mel, his timing meter and Moose Pump out of the locomotive? I bet he can knock an hour off the travel time if they let him install a Moose pump .

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idaho resident also jumping on the in and out bandwagon.

ANy person that visits Kali, and does not do an in n out burger, is the same person that runs their IDI at 1800-2000 EGT for the Hell of it.

heh heh.

In addition to the fact, I just flat like it there, INO was enough to make me move.

One day they will be in ID., they are already in UT/NV.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my time in CA will be a lot like the burger. In and out. Sorry Thursday AM won't work for you Calvin. There is one other person who PM'ed me that might be able to do breakfast then. No Sean, I'm flying to San Diego. Boy my arms are gonna be tired. LOL

As for getting in the locomotive... let me just text the engineer and see what he says. :rolleyes:

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Mel Its funny before I knew what ur truck looked like or much about you,I am sure I saw your Moose truck at a corner convience store or coffee shop of some sort when I was in your area.I met Travis the first time in the mid day at a stop off Rt80 in Indiana.
A side note -I rode trains a lot in europe in the late 60's (never been on 1 in the US).I went from Frankfurt to Garmish (in the Bavarian Alps) then on to Innsbruck and back fabulous ride.Went to Luxumburg and Holland by train also.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well vacation was terrific, and we had a blast. Gary was kind enough to come into L.A. and meet us at the train station. Somehow we managed to slip past him, and by the time I had him on the phone, he was where our train had been, and we are across the street visiting the bums sleeping on the lawn. :rolleyes:

(Mental note to Los Angeles.... Welcome to our fair city. Here are our bums! Not the best message to be sending....)

It wasn't long then before we saw this homeless man standing around with a cardboard sign that said....AGNE on it. LOL
You must be registered for see images

Oh Wait! That's just Gary. LOL

We sat down and he watched us chomp down breakfast as we hurried before our next train was to leave.

Nice to be so far from home and see a friendly familiar face. Sorry we didn't get to hook up with any other Arniefornians, but at least you sent your best representative. ;Sweet

I didn't see Gruss running around the streets of L.A. with a spray can, but he must have a relative out there....

I got a lot more pics to upload, including our visit with BJ in Colorado, so stay tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel