well this work??

rednecking87

Reaction score
well a radiator out of a 84 f-250 gas motor work in a 93 f-250 7.3 n.a?? i was just wondering if it well keep the truck cold enuff hear in missouri it get up to about a 110 degrees in the summer and with the a.c on in traffic, would ia have cooling probelm??:dunno i would love any help. The truck is a auto and the good radiator is out of a automatic too. thanks for all your help.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not trust the gasser radiator. If you compair the two radiators.....there is a huge difference.......and there's a reason. These trucks can need a lot of cooling when conditions are hot outside. Even more so when towing/hauling. The money saved by using a gasser radiator will be drawfed by the cost of heads and an engine rebuild when she overheats this summer.:eek:

Heath

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get away with a 6.5 Chev radiator... Put the fan through the one on my 6.9, cleaned and scrapped it for $50, bought the 6.5 radiator across the street for $40.

I did later encounter a head gasket problem with that truck, I also went twin e-fans...

I towed a sh@#load with it, but never over 6k, guy I loaned it to hauled a 4 horse, loaded, full tack room, 4 horse the first time, and 3 with two colts the second... and ate my head gasket..

Was it the 6.5? dunno
Was it just simply working a 300k 6.9? Dunno
Was it my e-fans not being enuff for that load? Dunno

All of the above? maybe if you couple in a driver that I am sure did not pay attention to fluid levels, or gauge levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online