well shes toast! E4OD TO ZF5 SWAP begins

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the full plate. The firewall will thank you. I swapped a C6 to a "typ4"'ed 460 ZF5. I went with the full plate and I'm glad I did. More support the better there. Having see how much the firewall can flex there is a little scary.

Heath

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the full plate. The firewall will thank you. I swapped a C6 to a "typ4"'ed 460 ZF5. I went with the full plate and I'm glad I did. More support the better there. Having see how much the firewall can flex there is a little scary.
X2...the "little" plate is supposed to be used if the firewall hasn't been cracked already, but IMHO you may as well go for the gold. It's not that much extra to get the big plate on there, and this way it's just plain done and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I have one of Jason's big plates; haven't installed it yet, but I have to say that the quality of his work is top notch ;Sweet

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like dibs on the flex plate spacer and reinforcement ring and bolts if they are available. Darn hard pieces to find since a majority of the trucks in my area are manual trans.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
May have to fight for parts. I'm fixing a bad e4od in my crew cab so I may need it. If not, its all up for grabs

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't perhaps have a rc/lb 4x4 zf-5 rear driveshaft that you would be willing to part with in one of your trucks, would you?

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
just ordered the large reinforcement plate for my clutch pedal.

in stock and shipped! thanks Freebird01

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
got my reinforcement plate.. much higher quality then pics listed online. machine pressed captive nuts. no welded nut

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: