Well I got pulled over....

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went up to Park City to ski with my uncle and brother who came to town. The drive went well no issues. We rode all day it was epic. I hung out at their condo for a few hours just to be sure I was safe to drive (I live in Utah and my three beer limit even scares me). Well if you havent heard of Park City Utah it is the Yuppiest Yuppy-ville in america. A lift ticket cost 86 dollars for example. Needless to say an all-black pickup with six inch stacks apparently stuck out like a soar thumb around all those high dollar euro imports and luxury suv's. I was on the way home when in the rear view I see headlights dodging cars to get into the SLOW lane behind me. I had a gut feeling right then that it was Johnny. About ten minutes later the cherries went on and my heart dropped to my knees. I pulled over rolled the window and shut off my truck. He approaches and tells me my License plate light is out. I gave him all my paperwork and he went to his truck for about 15 minutes. He returns and asks if I had drank today blah blah blah. Before he told me that he was going to give me a warning he says "You got a muffler for these things" and tapped his pen on my drivers side stack. I told him yeah its under the hood right before the down pipe and that its an ATS brand. He didnt even ask. Just said be careful.

Lessons learned:
Always follow the three beer rule!
Fix your damn license plate lights!
If the police want you on the side of the road they will find a reason for it.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
At least you didn't get a ticket. Good call on the waiting after drinking. I've slept in my rig before to ensure I wouldn't be on the road and off my rocker.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with sleeping in your vehicle tho - make sure you're not parked on the street (driveway is fine), and if you are on the street leave the keys to your truck inside with the people whom you visited - you can actually get a DUI ticket even if you're just sitting in your vehicle if the keys are in your possession.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with sleeping in your vehicle tho - make sure you're not parked on the street (driveway is fine), and if you are on the street leave the keys to your truck inside with the people whom you visited - you can actually get a DUI ticket even if you're just sitting in your vehicle if the keys are in your possession.

Correct! The legal system considers you as a drunk in your vehicle with keys within your range as intent to dui because you are not yourself or in control. Scary part is if a cop comes up to you when you are unlocking your door you are busted even if you were putting your keys elsewhere. I think this is a crappy interpretation of a law but nobody really fights it. say a drunk puts the keys in the glove box then goes to sleep in the back seat. Busted because they are within reach. The law doesn't recognize that scenario as acting in a lawful manner.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup I got pulled over the night I installed my turbo. He got me for license plate lights as well LOL. I think its cause I was a young kid driving hrough town at one o clock in the morning LOL

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I get pulled over fairly regularly in the town I live in. Something about a big bald guy driving around in a beat up old truck at 3 in the AM in nice, upscale town of Pleasanton... I've got "tail-lights not working" and "your truck is too loud" so far... No "tickets" yet, they give "courtesy citations" here.
:sly

And I ALWAYS get asked "Had anything to drink tonight" and "Where are you headed"

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(driveway is fine).

not in CA, neighbor got one in his driveway sleeping it off after the wife threw him out. he put the keys in the dash and went to sleep in the back of the supercab, cops showed up for a disturbance (non related) and DUI, even though he never even started it. the same house, different neighbors, jr got one while sleeping one off after/during his party in dads car when the fuzz came to break up the party.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Appearance is everything. I still get pulled over in the middle of the night driving my beastly old truck( usually it's out picking my wife up at work if I have her car down for repairs , she runs a restaurant and doesn't shut down until 2 AM many times) , but they take one look at me and say, they were looking for someone else and send me on my way. It doesn't hurt being an old geezer who looks like a Mennonite :D

Things sure have changed alot since my young wild days out in CA. I remember going out with some buddys and after helping to pour each otehr onto the back seats or campers of our perspective vehicles and regularly in the middle of the night the cops would drop by and check just to make sure everyone was OK, they'd thank us for being prudent and not getting out on the road and many times they'd even offer to drop by and the end of their shift for a wake up call.
To protect and serve... I guess they don't make cops like that anymore.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I get pulled over fairly regularly in the town I live in. Something about a big bald guy driving around in a beat up old truck at 3 in the AM in nice, upscale town of Pleasanton... I've got "tail-lights not working" and "your truck is too loud" so far... No "tickets" yet, they give "courtesy citations" here.
:sly

And I ALWAYS get asked "Had anything to drink tonight" and "Where are you headed"

Ive got a few of those in Ptown too, one was in my Chevelle cause I was speeding....31 in a 30 zone, and the next was in my Stepdads PSD the cop asked if i had ben drinking i said no then she asked why i was zig zaggin a bit and i told her cause the lift and big tires jacked up the steering then right before she walked away she said the brake light was out, i said no its not i just replaced them cause one was out and i knew they were both working. The incident after that was in my truck apparently they dont like the sound a a straight piped IDI working in that town

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before he told me that he was going to give me a warning he says "You got a muffler for these things" and tapped his pen on my drivers side stack. I told him yeah its under the hood right before the down pipe and that its an ATS brand.
Fast thinking.;Sweet

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That sucks. It was usually 12-1 in the afternoon when I was sleeping it off. I worked nights and there was one bar open at 7 AM when everyone got off work. I would park in the shopping center across the street with the employee's vehicles.

I once got pulled over becuase the red marker lights on my bumper conflicted with the license plate light and made my plate hard to read. This was in my 85 with the unmuffled 460 with stacks. He commented on the stacks, thanked me for having mudflaps and sent me on my way.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I got pulled over in Eugene Oregon in a 83 Chevy with a 6.2L in a 6.2L!!!! for excessive acceleration!!!! Its was at a cruise in, and i was 18 so i think they wanted me gone lol. Then next time was in my 89 GMC 6.2L i had for wondering back and forth at 2am (I was trying to find a song on my ipod lol) the cop asked me if I had been drinking because of my wondering. I told him the old girl needed new ball joints lol worked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online