Well i did it...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I loosened the set screw on the ip throttle arm to were it coulsdnt retard timing as th throttle increased, well it seemed like i was so advanced at the high rpm that it was running in a bind and didnt have good power, the big thing i noticed was the noise it sound about 8 times worse then psd rattle it was horrible at high rpm at 3000 you couldnt talk at 4200 it sounded like the world was going to end and when i stomped it it would cloud the road out in grey smoke, so im thinkin of trying again but changing my timing, since im running such high timing im going to lower it and then loosen the set screw again and do some testing at different timing spots and see if i can find the sweet spot were it might actually stay advanced enough in the high rpms to make a little more power, if not then i will set the arm like its supose to be and turn the timing all the way back up

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Hmmm....wonder what your timing is up that high if its that loud LOL.

Truly testing the IDI...gotta give you that LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Hmmm....wonder what your timing is up that high if its that loud LOL.

Truly testing the IDI...gotta give you that LOL

its pretty damn high, lol im going to retard it a hole lot and the loosen the arm again so it cant move then go for a drive and see what happens then im going to do little timing adjustments in between and see if i can find were it works best

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I loosened the set screw on the ip throttle arm to were it coulsdnt retard timing as th throttle increased, well it seemed like i was so advanced at the high rpm that it was running in a bind and didnt have good power, the big thing i noticed was the noise it sound about 8 times worse then psd rattle it was horrible at high rpm at 3000 you couldnt talk at 4200 it sounded like the world was going to end and when i stomped it it would cloud the road out in grey smoke, so im thinkin of trying again but changing my timing, since im running such high timing im going to lower it and then loosen the set screw again and do some testing at different timing spots and see if i can find the sweet spot were it might actually stay advanced enough in the high rpms to make a little more power, if not then i will set the arm like its supose to be and turn the timing all the way back up

Your nut's lol I cant wait to put a 4,000 g spring in mine:sly and put my turbo on and do propane injection and....................................................................................................................................................................:rotflmao

well i'll be waiting for some more vid's of this thing:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:peelout

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Your nut's lol I cant wait to put a 4,000 g spring in mine:sly and put my turbo on and do propane injection and....................................................................................................................................................................:rotflmao

well i'll be waiting for some more vid's of this thing:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:peelout

more videos of mine? what do you want to see?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a feeling tighting that screw will make it stay in better at high rpm lol
good testing keep us up to date if i get the time ill do a lil on my truck

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a feeling tighting that screw will make it stay in better at high rpm lol
good testing keep us up to date if i get the time ill do a lil on my truck

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all know how this is going to end. At least it's in the name of science. LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I think we all know how this is going to end. At least it's in the name of science. LOL

if someone pays what im asking for it i will quit torturing it and sell it and buy a 1992-1994 idi either extended cab or reg cab dont matter, but has to be idi diesel and has to be 4x4, i will not tach it past 4000 but i will atleast take it to 4000 a few timeLOL, i dont care if its manual or junky E4OD i will take it, and if mine dont sell then i will continue to hot rod till parts fly everywere

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if someone pays what im asking for it i will quit torturing it and sell it and buy a 1992-1994 idi either extended cab or reg cab dont matter, but has to be idi diesel and has to be 4x4, i will not tach it past 4000 but i will atleast take it to 4000 a few timeLOL, i dont care if its manual or junky E4OD i will take it, and if mine dont sell then i will continue to hot rod till parts fly everywere

So you are going to abuse the truck unless you sell it? First off that sounds rather juvenile. Another thing is the catch-22 you've created. Nobody here wants to pay much if any at all because of how you've already treated the engine. Continuing to abuse the engine (and brag about it) will severely hurt your chances of selling it to anyone other than a junk yard.

sassyrel

Reaction score

your getting better--but more commas, or periods. serious--it makes it hard to read--

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt about it........... I am gettin old, cuz 25 years ago I used to revv the 350 in my 71 Camaro so high it would pull the rocker studs out.cookoo

Now? I cruz down the road, never going over (bout 3000) in my 7.3 idi ;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So you are going to abuse the truck unless you sell it? First off that sounds rather juvenile. Another thing is the catch-22 you've created. Nobody here wants to pay much if any at all because of how you've already treated the engine. Continuing to abuse the engine (and brag about it) will severely hurt your chances of selling it to anyone other than a junk yard.

If you dont like what im doing keep it to your self! I payed for the damn truck and i can do damn well what i please with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online