water pump gone

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
had my water pump to give up on me yesterday :mad: but made it home and only lost half the coolent I feel like one lucky s o b

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
it's a 3 the hardest thing is moveing that belt out of the way .it's only 2 little bolts and it's out. easy to do but the cost of the water pump at the stealership hurts -cuss but all is good now. I know it's not much to talk about but someone has to post here to keep things going from time to time. LOL

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geonc said:
YUP ! :cheers:

coulda failed and sent the fan thru the radiator :eek:

How easy/diff to change one on those Kuminz?...1 to 10 scale :D
fan isnt on the water pump on the good ol cummins ;Sweet water pump is off to the side with nothing mounted on it causing it to wear out faster...:cough for cough chevy:

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a 3 the hardest thing is moveing that belt out of the way .it's only 2 little bolts and it's out. easy to do but the cost of the water pump at the stealership hurts -cuss but all is good now. I know it's not much to talk about but someone has to post here to keep things going from time to time. LOL

Changing a water pump is a breeze... The belt might be a bit tricky but the belt map is on the radiator support if your lost.

Two bolts and out it comes...

As for price... The dealer covered mine under warranty... It had a bad O-Ring seal on it and was leaking...