Water Injecton

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also been researching building a water/**** injecton set up, and I would like to know if anyone has any personal information on how they perform. I would like to know several things. (1) If, I had unlimited water supply, how long could (or have you) you run the truck on the system without having issues. (2) How much MPH can be gained by using the system. I know that it provides better fuel economy (because of better combustion as a result of dense air, better boost, etc.), I am just trying anything, and everything within financial reason to get better MPG (and HP) over the long run (not just getting on the freeway).

It just seems to me (based on research) if you can build a system for under $250, it would not take long to start saving on fuel. Right now I pay about $4.71 a gallon here in the Boise, Idaho area. I spend about $125 just to fill my two (2) fifteen (15) gallon tanks. Could a guy see a $250 savings several times over a year (depending how much you drove).

Of course, I would want to build (or buy) a good set up, 'cause I know that if the system fails, hydrolock would ruin a guys day.

Marq

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont see it netting you that much better milage, thats just from my thoughts...I havent looked into it much. I would say you could cut a good .25-.5 seconds off of 0-60 times with it. The main reason I see people using them is to keep EGT's low while towing, or pulling, or things along those sorts. I really truly dont see it paying for itself in fuel savings, maybe in a very long time, but I dont see it happening within a year.

I'm not trying to deter you away from doing it, I just dont see that much of a fuel economy gain.

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I would like to hear all, not just want I want to hear. So, thanks for the angle, . . . if I don't believe I can save on MPG, I'll spend my $$ on something that will make a difference. $$ is super tight for a disabled vet on a fixed income, so it's better to throw it out there, and research, then to just throw $$ at something.

Marq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online