Water Injection Really?

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how a tach is built so this idea might be dumb. I use to have cheapo air compressor that had pressure gauge with two needles in it. One indicated the pressure the other one you turned up to the max pressure you wanted and shut the compressor off when the two needles touched. Could I do something like that in reverse or would it tear one one of the after tachs up. I could just set a point where needle touched something metal and grounded a relay.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wmoguy the egts would not drop as fast as the rpm's. Would that not cause a problem with to much water at Idle?

wmoguy

Reaction score
wmoguy the egts would not drop as fast as the rpm's. Would that not cause a problem with to much water at Idle?

Nah just don't have it kick on until high temps. Mine idles between 300-325 and 400 if I just ran it hard. Just don't have it kick on u til high temps, maybe 800 or something like that. Call Snow though, I'm just guessing on how their egt controller works. I don't want to steer you wrong here. Also pm biofarmer93, he's N/A and running water ****. Somewhere on here he has a whole thread on his setup. Try searching for it.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wmoguy when did you get your setup on your idi or were just talking about it on your Cummins only? Sorry if I missed it. Lol.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Wmoguy when did you get your setup on your idi or were just talking about it on your Cummins only? Sorry if I missed it. Lol.

Put it on about a week ago. It comes off soon as I'm not to darn fAr from making the engine compartment look different. :sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not goona run it with your compounds? :( That saddens me. I wanted see what they both did together. Plus it would help spool those things really well when towing.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Your not goona run it with your compounds? :( That saddens me. I wanted see what they both did together. Plus it would help spool those things really well when towing.

Oh no I will. It will just be plumbed differently than it is today.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I was looking at Snow Performance ($600) and Alcohol Injection Systems ($400). Seems a bit steep for me... I found the "splash" writeup here and was thinking about giving that a go.

Probably go the 5psi on/off switch and keep the nozzle on the small side. Also plan on running straight water when the temp permits.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I was looking at Snow Performance ($600) and Alcohol Injection Systems ($400). Seems a bit steep for me... I found the "splash" writeup here and was thinking about giving that a go.

Probably go the 5psi on/off switch and keep the nozzle on the small side. Also plan on running straight water when the temp permits.

Cool. Do a writeup on it when you get it put together!:thumbsup:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score

Look at the cooling mist CM5 nozzle - I actually bought the McMaster Carr nozzle for the Splash setup and then switched it out for the CM5. The fineness of the spray and the fact that there is no way the nozzle parts can come apart and go into the engine made it worth the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online