WATER IN FUEL LIGHT ON

REDNEX

REDNEX
Reaction score
I have a 1997 chevy van with a 6.5 in it I started running bio-diesel in it and now the water-in-fuel light is on. I am pretty shure there isn't any water in it. I was wandering if anyone knew where the sensor was?

thanks for any help you can offer.

netSeeskpen

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how much gas is actually left in the tank when the low fuel light comes on, or about how far you can go before running out of gas. I know it cant be much because when I filled up yesterday when the light was on it took about 17 gallons.

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
I have a 1997 chevy van with a 6.5 in it I started running bio-diesel in it and now the water-in-fuel light is on. I am pretty shure there isn't any water in it. I was wandering if anyone knew where the sensor was?

thanks for any help you can offer.

it's on the left frame rail at about the center of the vehicle...are you using homemade bio?? if you are you almost positively have water in your fuel... they say it should be drained every 5000 miles with normal fuel...

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how much gas is actually left in the tank when the low fuel light comes on, or about how far you can go before running out of gas. I know it cant be much because when I filled up yesterday when the light was on it took about 17 gallons.

every vehicle is different, I have gone at lease 50 miles without running out with my dually....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online