warranty questions

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really want to get rid of my stock muffler in my 07 5.9cr but the guys at the muffler shop told me it might void my warranty. i dont get this, i have seen plenty of guys with gas trucks get flowmasters installed the same day they got the truck. it didnt void the warranty for them.:dunno

will getting rid of the muffler in my truck void my warranty or what?? im leaving the cat in, but i think im gonna straight pipe the muffler just to see what it sounds like. if its too loud then ill get a magna flow but if it voids my warranty then im stuck with the stock crap.

my truck is a 07 but it doesnt have the sensors like the 6.7 07' does.
so i dont see why it would void the warranty on my truck?:dunno

anybody got any experience with this?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Most techs probably wouldn't void the warranty on you but if you catch one on a bad day or if he just gets a kick out of voiding warranties then you could very well be in a world of hurt because it's a emissions deal even though it only muffles the sound.

MustangDiesel

Reaction score
Not too long ago the warranty was voided on a Cummins in Hughes Springs,Texas because the exhaust was straight piped. The turbo sprung an oil leak and when the technician reported it to Dodge they told him to check the exhaust system too and when they found out it was straight piped Dodge voided the warranty. So the owner had to pay for a new turbo and now has a 2006 truck with no warranty. So remeber if you mess withit you are your own warranty station.

bekim

Reaction score
If what you do causes or contributes to the failure, it's your problem. If you decide to do a modification to a vehicle under warranty, be prepared to accept the consequences.
That being said......it would be a stretch to say that deleting the muffler would cause some kind of mechanical failure(unless something else was messed with during the switch)
Mike
###

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online