>>> WARNING function fsock open ??? <<<

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the darndest time making posts on this site.

The cursor jerks, lurches, and completely disappears.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever on any of the other sites of which I attend.

The sad thing is that this is my favorite one, but it is almost more trouble than it's worth to make replies.

Going from page to page takes forever, with the screen hanging up sometimes five or more minutes at a time.

Lately, a new situation has developed and things are getting even worse.

Whenever I click "submit", a blue screen comes up with somethings that says blah blah blah warning: fsock is open blah blah blah.

This will start as one line across the blue screen, then add the same line, one under the next, repeating itself.

That white box that says "thank you for posting etc., etc." pops up onto the blue screen and finally it returns me to the thread.

Am I the only one that has these problems ??

I am completely illiterate when it comes to computers.

How can this be fixed ??

Thanks. :)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I've been seeing it here the past couple of days here at work as well.

I don't see it thru my DROID phone though.

On edit here's what I'm getting.

Attachments

• FS Error.JPG
    FS Error.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 33

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
OK, I'm getting it also, but so quick & gone that it just looks like a nasty transition to a new screen. Different internet connection types (dial up, DSL, high speed cable, wi-fi, satellite, etc..) and how fast and/or efficiently your machine & browser software are configured all play a part in how long this will stay on your screen. It looks like a buggy confirmation patch to me..
I don't know if it is related, but another board I belong to that uses this exact same Bulletin Board software has been down for nearly a week, and it makes it easy to envision an update patch or fix that was poorly written being issued and causing the problem.

Does anyone else belong to boards that use this software that are behaving oddly or acting glitchy?

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sometimes get that "you will now be taken to your post screen too. It comes on for like half a second then it's gone. I'm using firefox though? but a five minute wait for a post is way too long. moderators- what is going on ?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been seeing this blue screen and a 603 error message too. But today around 11am it stopped and all is fine again... Thanks Mike....:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online