Warn Winch Bumper on Craigslist (Salem, OR area)

94_dieselpower

Reaction score
I am not too much of a chrome guy myself. I do like lights though! :D However, I would make an exception with this bumper in a heartbeat! They are an awesome looking bumper, and getting more and more rare as the days go by....

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great bumper and a fair deal. I modded my stocker to fit my body lift and have a front hitch but if I had it to do over again I'd go with the Warn winch bumper as they are super nice, but hard to find.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks very similar to the one I have but the winch brackets aren't the same. Mine bolts onto the front face of the frame rails and has internal reinforcing plates for the frame rails as well as a small bar tying the bottom rail to the winch frame. Mine is also chromed aluminum for the main bumper section though it looks exactly identical.

I suspect this is not originally for a 80-86 ford and it is likely missing some frame reinforcing parts.

However, I think they wind up looking pretty nice and make for a good strong clean winch mounting.

I paid $400 for mine new in box ~2 years ago and he had it advertized for some time before I finally got it.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that the other day, that's a chunk of money to have to mod it to fit a newer truck. Mine is not nearly as showy but was only $100 and was a direct bolt on.There used to be a chrome version of mine on there for $200 as well. There's also a Crew F350 4x4 in Dallas for 1600 with a blown HG on salem CL.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome don't do it for me either...

Pass...

Gotta be big...and Fugly to make it on my ride! Not fugly enough for me....looks like a big stack on a diesel or a fart can on a cheapnese built ricer show no go!

LOL

Lights in or on bumper ok...but those...NOT BIG ENOUGH...

fugly keeps theives at bay in my mind...rofl.

:popcorn

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you incorporate the front hitch into the stock front bumper?

Yep, it's behind a hinged license plate bracket. I like it but it was a ton of work, but then again: I had to move my bumper up to make up for the gap caused by the body lift, so it was gonna be some work anyways.

I get lots of compliments on it when I pull up the license plate and stuff a hitch on it, but at the end of the day, if I got a sweet deal on a Warn winch bumper that's what I would have on my truck.

Different strokes for different folks: that's what makes this world interesting :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the same bumper now mounted on the front of the Sulaco.
Do bear in mind the truck is originally a 1988 pickup 4x4 chassis not a later OBS frame.
a OBS front clip has been grafted onto the chassis and the orig front bumper mounting was subpar.
few observations made.....
overall length from the firewall to the radiator support is no different from 80-97 therefore the front clip graft is very straightforward.
the transfer of the cowl panel is a must when changing out the different generation from clips.
the fender contour to bumper contour between the bricknose to OBS is very similar.
in the case of the Warn enforcer bumper, it can be considered a drop-in with minimal mods needed.
the center plate has to be notched 1/8" X 3" long in order to clear the center support.
filler panels are needed to close the holes on the top of the bumper ends if aesthetics are your thing.
lookie at the pic for description.

Attachments

• P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 21