want more power, look here

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 3 threaded rods that face towards the firewall of your truck on the injection pump, when leaning over the driveside fenderwell, the 1st one closest to you is the throttle stop, back it out and the throttle will travel farther, hence more speed, 2nd one, which you can still get too without taking the throttle bracket off the block, break the jamb nut loose with the appropriate sized wrench and screw the rod in with a flat blade screw driver, your truck will start to idle up at this point, if you go too far you will achieve "run away" and that is bad cause the truck will rev up on its own til it blows up, have some standing near the turbo with something solid, like a wood board to put over the inlet to kill the engine, i got 4 or 5 turns or more on my fuel screw, i cant remember, now on behind that almost against the block is the idle screw, you will have to take the throttle bracket off the block to get to it, turn your idle screw down til it idles normally, mine is set perfectly, the idle screw is backed all the way out and it idles perfectly, now to the smoke screw, the smoke screw is located under a tin cover on the top of your pump, the cover with the 4 bolts in it, dont take the bolts out, there is a round piece on that cover that looks like the top, its actually a tin cover that can be pryed off and underneath that is the smoke screw, turn it clockwise. that should just about cover it i think.

another mod you can do is the AFC spring and the fuel pin, you can either remove the spring, like me, or you can turn the star wheel down. take the 4 bolts out of the top of your pump and the boost line, dont drop the 2 copper washers, takes about 15 minutes to find one in a gravel driveway, pop the top off the pump and you will see a rubber diaphram, pull it out, the metal pin coming out of the bottom of it is the fuel pin, it also has a small plastic washer on the bottom, when you put the pin back in put it so the deep side is to the front, anyways, pull the little spring out and screw the big threaded disk all the way down and then back up about 3 turns, put the pin back in with the washer with the deep groove facing towards the front of the truck, assemble everything back together the way you took it apart. you can grind the pin down more but i havent done this mod YET.

more things you can do is a 3200 RPM governor spring, and i havent done this mod YET either.

black haze

Reaction score
you can grind the pin down more but i havent done this mod YET.

Grind down as in literally..Like a 4" grinder to it? Or mediphorically.Sorry, prob a dumb question, but i need to know.Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online