wait to start light

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
As yall know im working on my 1992 gas to 7.3 idi conversion. I have my engine wired up now and cluster done. But I have no wait to start lamp. If im not mistaken they are located on the black dash cover to the right of the cluster? I don't have the place for the bulb or anything. I know this is being picky as I could just wire up any light or just watch the voltmeter but id really like to have it all look like a factory diesel truck. Where can I find this piece, my cluster cover is in good shape and a junkyard one may or may not be on that old of a truck now, and pictures would be awesome thanks.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bulb is part of an entire warning light cluster. Recommend you salvage one and rig it in. The trim piece around the steering wheel/hvac vents/gauges is different too

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been casually looking for one of these "wait to start/engine temp/water in fuel" light clusters for my '94 for quite a while now. There are plastic "arms" on the cluster that hold it to the back of the gauge cluster bezel, and the ones on mine are cracked. I glued 'em back together, but would someday like to find a replacement. If you happen to find two of these someplace, please sell me one of them. :D There is also a "quick-connect" terminal on a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the light cluster, so you will want to get as much of that harness as possible. You could probably cut out the appropriate blank section of your bezel (to the right of the gauges) and create a "window" for the light cluster, much like the factory. You would have to come up with your own method of anchoring it behind the bezel though. I would provide pictures if I had any. I recently found a nice used instrument panel bezel (as my was cracked when I bought truck) and I really don't want to pull it apart again. Those OBS bezels are friggin' delicate! With some luck, maybe you will find a diesel bezel someplace with the light cluster and harness too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance