Vibration on braking

autotech84601

Reaction score
Ok just to recap what I have done to the front end as this work was performed to have a reliable truck, not to fix a vibration issue. All work was performed 2000 miles ago when I got the truck.
Replaced steering gear box, inner and outer tie rod ends, kingpins, track bar bushings, wheel bearings and races, axle shaft u joints for the front axle, front shocks, swaylink bushings and links.
The rear end replaced drums and shoes, wheel cylinders, brake lines, emergency brake cables, shocks, sway link bushings and links.
The rear drums were checked for warping by driving down the road and engaging the emergency brake. The truck slows down with no vibration whatsoever when only the rear brakes are engaged.
When the front brakes are engaged at any speed from 15 miles an hour on up, the vibration that occurs shakes the front of the truck only. When sitting in the back seat (this is a four door) the vibration is significantly less. The greater the speed and pressure on the pedal, the greater the vibration. The vibration however is not felt in the wheel or the pedal. The front rotors, brakes and calipers were replaced to possibly remedy the situation, but no remedy is to be had here.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Man it really rounds like warped rotors I know you just replaced them but let's be honest most of the parts I get have to be returned the China made parts are bad but Stay away from Mexico parts there garbage.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
The rear drums were checked for warping by driving down the road and engaging the emergency brake. The truck slows down with no vibration whatsoever when only the rear brakes are engaged.
When the front brakes are engaged at any speed from 15 miles an hour on up, the vibration that occurs shakes the front of the truck only. When sitting in the back seat (this is a four door) the vibration is significantly less. The greater the speed and pressure on the pedal, the greater the vibration. The vibration however is not felt in the wheel or the pedal. The front rotors, brakes and calipers were replaced to possibly remedy the situation, but no remedy is to be had here.

I would put money on the fact that your rotors need turned on the truck, regardless of whether they are new or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online