Very Clean Low Miles '85 Lariat, plus some

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to do it, but the time has come for me to sell my '85. A little history on the truck, I'm the second owner. Bought it form the original owners widow about 4 years ago. The truck spent most of it's time with the original owner in the barn as when I bought it, it had 104,000 miles on it. Truck is in great shape, absolutely no rust it's been in Texas all of it's life. It's a 1985 XLT Lariat (all power) 2wd, 6.9, T-19, Blue and Silver two tone, has 130,000 miles on it now (I put about 26,000 miles on it since I've had it), kept under cover all of it's life. I wouldn't be worried to set out across the country in this truck tomorrow, it runs just like it should. A few of the things I've done to it since I've owned it and a good description of the truck. Read all the way to the end as there are some surprise parts I have that I will sell with the truck!!!

1. New BB code injectors
2. New Return Lines
3. New Beru Glow plugs
4. New Motorcraft water pump
5. New Hoses (radiator and heater)
5. Alcoa Wheels
6. Bucket seats out of a Bronco (the seats are the same color as the interior, but I put seat covers on them because they didn't clean up like I thought)
7. EGT gauge
8. Pioneer stereo and new speakers also added 2 speakers in back seat. Total of 4 speakers
9. Windows tinted
10. Diamond plate bed caps and tailgate cap

The not so good things, but things that I will be addressing soon. Brakes, there is a fluid leak and the brake light is on (hoping it isn't anything more than bleeding and tightening bleeder valves). There is a dent behind the passenger tire where the original owner had a blow out, other than that body is straight. Tires are in good shape but they are older tires, not weather cracked but if it sat in the sun prolly wouldn't take long.

I have the original bench seat for it, I also have the original Ford wheels and hub caps. I have the original paper work that came with the truck the day it was sold. This truly is one of those trucks that was taken care of by it's original owner and I've done my best to do the same. I also have the following parts that I will sell with the truck. I bought all of this hoping to install on this truck and never got around to it.

1. ZF 5sp Transmission from another '85 2wd that had been swapped, and everything needed to do the swap
2. Shifter
3. Tunnel (hump whatever you call it)
4. Flywheel
5. Drive Shaft (already shortned)
6. And Complete True Dual Exhaust that should bolt right on and exits behind rear wheels

That's all I can think of right now, if I think of more I will add. If this looks like something you'd be interested in let me know and we can discuss price. I would deliver if needed, as my wife loves to get out and see different country. Truck is located in North Texas 60 miles NE of Dallas. (972)567-5125 Bryan Pictures are before Alcoas, bed rails, and window tint.

Attachments

• truck 4.jpg
    truck 4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 38
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 39
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 41
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 38

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some numbers in my head, but right now I'm open to offers. I know some people don't like to price another man's stuff, and I respect that, but with all the different locations represented on this forum I'm curious to what others think it is worth. I see your in Texas if your close to Bonham in NE Texas, I'd love to show the truck to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online