Verry Sad C6

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the e clip that holds the kickdown rod on
mine fell off somehow and it was feeling like its slipping when i gave it any more than very gradual fuel
that and id replace the modulator valve as u already done but waht color was it
you should have got greeen or purple the purple is a harder firmer shift

Csgod0

Reaction score
So, I'm being black-balled into getting a new daily driver. not going to lie, I'm the young pup of these forums.

My transmission has more issues than meets the eye. I filled the trans with new fresh fluid to test the slippage, and its pretty pad. I had to park it for about a week or so while I contemplated my options, and all the fluid dripped out of the bottom, all over the street. I'm either keeping her and fixing her up later, or I'm going to have to sell her for a down payment on another ride until I change where I live.

My current plan is to halt all spending on my dually until next spring. Meanwhile, i'll be saving money to buy a different vehicle to drive everyday. I'm looking at a 2006 jetta TDI. Need to keep the diesel in my veins.

I'm hoping not to sell my baby, and just take it with me and get her running when I get the chance. Engine is fine, just trans issues, and worn injectors, she's worth more than I'd be able to sell her for. I'll keep all my oilburners up to date with whats goin down, as I'm now goign to have to save a lot more than I expected. :( buy buy banks turbo with my tax refund. BAH!

Csgod0

Reaction score
So, I'm being black-balled into getting a new daily driver. not going to lie, I'm the young pup of these forums.

My transmission has more issues than meets the eye. I filled the trans with new fresh fluid to test the slippage, and its pretty pad. I had to park it for about a week or so while I contemplated my options, and all the fluid dripped out of the bottom, all over the street. I'm either keeping her and fixing her up later, or I'm going to have to sell her for a down payment on another ride until I change where I live.

My current plan is to halt all spending on my dually until next spring. Meanwhile, i'll be saving money to buy a different vehicle to drive everyday. I'm looking at a 2006 jetta TDI. Need to keep the diesel in my veins.

I'm hoping not to sell my baby, and just take it with me and get her running when I get the chance. Engine is fine, just trans issues, and worn injectors, she's worth more than I'd be able to sell her for. I'll keep all my oilburners up to date with whats goin down, as I'm now goign to have to save a lot more than I expected. :( buy buy banks turbo with my tax refund. BAH!

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id use your tax refund on a trans rebuild.

A master rebuild kit with HD clutches from TCI is only $250. You can do the rebuild yourself if you watch some videos and take your time. The Key is to get everything as clean as possbile inside the trans whne you reassemble.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Be careful about buying a used Jetta. A friend bought her daughter one from a co worker that was well taken care of but. She didn't know it was time for a new timing belt. Being a turbo gas motor it let loose on the freeway. The kid said it just lost power and she stopped... No kidding... Well the mom took it to a shop she did business with and guess what.... % months and over $2400.00 for all but 3 of the valves were replaced. This motor has 5 valves per cylinder... It still wan't running right so... I told her to take it to a real Vw dealer... She did and found out the turbo was shot to crap....:eek: No she blames the mechanic for ruining her turbo. I told her that happened when it ran out of oil doinf 65 mph... Go figure... She just couldn't understand how that can happen... thought the original shop was using it for a daily driver....:eek: Can we all say ****** idea... Anyway, the dealer installed a turbo for $2800.00... Done deal... Nope... She wanted to sue the other shop for the turbo damage she thought they did no matter what I told her... That shop never did bill her for the valve job but she still wanted them to pay for the turbo... Talk about dumb people... This is the same lady that "needed me" to help her fix the home in North Carolina... The ***** house with a bed bug problem... No power... No nothing but a big mess.... Just be careful getting a VW.... They can be expensive to repair if you don't understand an interferance motor.....:D P.S...Don't sell the truck... Its cheaper than anything you might buy cause its paid for and just sitting there....:sly

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If it is a 2wd, you may be able to buy a good used one and throw it in to get you buy. I have seen them on here for Free to $200.00 for a good one.

Just another option to consider,...

Also Gary is right on the VW's make sure that the timing belt has been replaced, ESPECALLY with the Diesel! The TDI's are awesome cars, my wife drives one with 225K on it. Other than the timing belt's not a lot to worry about.

Csgod0

Reaction score
Looking at that transmission right now. See if the guy still has it. I'm still being screwed into getting another car, Its all up in the air. Going to the GE credit union tomorrow to see whats up.