Vent/wing window removal

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
For a 93 f150 but applies to these trucks...how does one go about removing the vent/wing window assembly? One the only things i havent messed with on my junk yet, and i need to replace it due to frame damage from an attempted vehicle theft.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 93 f150 but applies to these trucks...how does one go about removing the vent/wing window assembly? One the only things i havent messed with on my junk yet, and i need to replace it due to frame damage from an attempted vehicle theft.

Crank window down

Remove window crank and then the interior door panel.

once the interior panel is removed, there is likely a plastic sheet...no worries that can stay, there is just a bolt left to hit

So now to the removal of vent window

Here along the angle section of door are two screws to undo Phillips head! I am pointing to both of them!
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the bolt behind the door panel to remove!

In this shot, you can see the small metal bracket below the actual vent lock ...and just to the left is a small hole, That's the bolts destination!

Then remove the window felt from the channel and turn the vent window about 90 degrees and with draw the window, you have to work it it's not overly difficult and if you can change a tyre you can do a vent glass!

Now you have your vent window in hand!

REASSEMBLE in reverse order.

BTW, go to a wrecker and do it there first! Use their stuff to learn on!

JM2CW

Hope this helps you out.

Al

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Got one this morning, was just as ya said thanks again. Got lucky n the door was off the truck and no door panel with the window down already...like a sign it was for me...lol.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got one this morning, was just as ya said thanks again. Got lucky n the door was off the truck and no door panel with the window down already...like a sign it was for me...lol.
No worries...just did that swap a few days ago as the neighbor blew out two windows on my truck. LOL I've done oh I dunno maybe a 100 ford windows re and re for people so damn easy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online