Vacuum pump to air compressor

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And depending on where you are at altitude wise will set the pressure at which you can pump down a system. At higher altitudes with lower pressure you can boil out the moisture in a system much quicker, and as an HVAC tech for 20+ years I like to leave on the pump when servicing an AC system for a good amount of time.

By the way, I love my U-Tube manometer, but have a nice older analog pressure gauge with remote transducer to see where my vacuum level is at.

Remember in a sealed positive or negative pressure environment, moisture is your enemy.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long as a compressor, be it ViAir-electric or YORK-belt-driven, or whatever, is capable of generating a given pressure, it is TANK volume/capacity that governs what you can do with that air.

Given enough time, you can fill a huge tank up to enough pressure to operate air-tools with a decent quality hand-pump.

I have a tank off of a road-tractor mounted between the frame behind the rear fuel-tank.

I have numerous YORKs sitting around; but, due to convenience of engine maintenance issues, I opted for a constant-duty electric compressor.

An electric compressor can be mounted anywhere in, under, on, or around the vehicle, it can even be mounted on a trailer and towed along behind, so long as 12-volt current can be routed to it.

A YORK, or it's equivalent, MUST be mounted somewhere that it can be driven, either via belt or direct-couple.

As cool as it is to pop the hood and show someone a really neat YORK on-board air installation, a sizable VI-AIR can be bought for about $2/hour X the time invested in a proper under-hood installation; at least that has been my findings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7