Update on the Nanny Goat

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well we got the rubber fuel lines replaced that go up from the lower end of the frame - I don't quite understand why they ran stainless steel braided line to a hard line then switched to rubber cookoo why they just didn't run a hard line for the last few inches and let the SS Braided line be the flex portion or just use another SS flex line again... either way I'm pretty sure that the rubber lines were installed at the factory...

Reason I say this is because the clamps were the SS bands that are machine crimped and printed on the side of the rubber line was it's size of 7.94mm cookoo what using a standard 8mm line would be too big - I just can't see the 0.04mm being that big of a deal... :rolleyes: either way we installed 5/16th line and she appears not to be leaking at the moment.

The trans slipped in fairly easy even for not having a clutch alignment tool - a few cuss words uttered and she slipped right in.

I can now cruise at or above 70 mph and not have to look at high rpms again ;Sweet

We backed her out of the garage and on to the street where I started to roast the tires then as I pulled away I did a full spool launch and ran through all the gear with my foot firmly planted to the carpet - Had to test it out - I mean if the weld job was gonna break I wanted it to break last night so that we would know if we were really done with the repair or not.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We backed her out of the garage and on to the street where I started to roast the tires then as I pulled away I did a full spool launch and ran through all the gear with my foot firmly planted to the carpet - Had to test it out - I mean if the weld job was gonna break I wanted it to break last night so that we would know if we were really done with the repair or not.
Good thing you weren't doing that at my shop:eek:
Outside of the fact that my place is also a LEO hangout, tire checks are done around the corner where there isn't too many passerbys. One reason safety. The other reason is the less burnout marks, the less hassle from LEO's I get at the shop. Neighbor had his full-on dragster on the street for a tire check and left twin 3ft wide strips. He got into a whole heap of trouble later on in the day....something about if it is ever seen on a public street again....immediate impound would occur....cookoo:eek:-cuss

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
We are snuggled back in a residental area - huge front yards where the house is 30+ yards from the street and they are going to be repaving the street here real soon because they just got done tearing it all up to install the new sewage system they put down a real cheap asphalt done but it's slated to be torn up and redone here soon. So we don't have to worry about LEO's here, if they are back there it's because they were called back for some other reason. The only traffic here is the folks that live in the neighborhood - one way in and one way out.

My buddies 2nd garage, barn or shop (as I call it) is behind his house but it's right by the street (he owns a triangle shape of land that has streets on all sides of it - 3 huge lots all totalled) it's a pretty nice place to work (heated and Air Conditioned 30x40) We are putting in facilities at the moment (running water, sink, water heater and toliet) now that the city finally got around to bringing sewage down the street. We have a tv, computer, beer fridge, microwave and I will probaby move my couch over there when we get around to getting new furniture here soon.

It's freaking nice - we have a shop smith (if you remember those - with most of the attachments), 2 drill presses (one set up with a milling table), one heck of a table saw, compressed air and welder. (I brought over the compressed air and welder - least I could do). My buddy is a wood worker as if you can't tell. I spend a lot of my free time over there doing projects now that I don't own a garage.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose he'll be supplied a lifetime supply of popcorn too;Sweet
I've learned some time ago that attached garages suck. they are a catch-all for all the stuff the wife does not want in the house.
A detached garage means they have to make a concerted effort to bring their garbage out which should be headed into the bin in the first place:D
I have a kegerator(sp) and a expresso machine since the bagel bandits don't like coffee the old style way...out of a pot. Commercial expresso machines are always heated up so the guys with a key to my place can get their fix any time in the evening hours. yeee haaaa.....LEO's wired for sound with 15 rounds in the hopper....a really bad story in the works:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle