Unexpected find

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
That's a good deal there Dogbutts, but I'm with Darrin.... You were there to pick up his parts and his parts you did pick up - it's nice of you to test them so that he gets good working parts.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Darrin order a hydroboost unit retrieval, then parts are his. If he did not, parts are a fair game. From the initial post I was left with the impression that it was VW parts being salvaged, I'm yet to see a hydroboost in a VW.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the pull your parts yards... I was sniffing around one on sunday, looking for a windshield for my '86 and then broke my removal tool and was gonna call it a day. Looked under the hood of the truck next door and low and behold, it had a complete 1st gen ATS turbo kit with a pyrometer - in the hour I had left at the yard, I got all the exhaust pieces, intake pieces, turbo, air filter - left the yard with a complete bolt on turbo kit and a smile for $79

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Gotta love the pull your parts yards... I was sniffing around one on sunday, looking for a windshield for my '86 and then broke my removal tool and was gonna call it a day. Looked under the hood of the truck next door and low and behold, it had a complete 1st gen ATS turbo kit with a pyrometer - in the hour I had left at the yard, I got all the exhaust pieces, intake pieces, turbo, air filter - left the yard with a complete bolt on turbo kit and a smile for $79

now thats what i call a smokin deal you luckedout on that one;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
wow $50.....not bad i guess. i paid $7.50 for the hydra boost setup for the scout! LOL yea Seven dollars and fifty cents! not too bad a deal i thought, just 2 new hoses and shorten the pushrod i'll be good to go! ;Sweet

-Jon

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That's a good deal there Dogbutts, but I'm with Darrin.... You were there to pick up his parts and his parts you did pick up - it's nice of you to test them so that he gets good working parts.

:moon:

If Darrin order a hydroboost unit retrieval, then parts are his. If he did not, parts are a fair game. From the initial post I was left with the impression that it was VW parts being salvaged, I'm yet to see a hydroboost in a VW.
Thankyou! ;Sweet

I do think I've got him talked into it but he's on his own with that cross breed thing going on.LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
guys it was a joke/friendly jab to dognutsbutts - he picked up on it. I guess I didn't use any smiles to fully convey that so that was my fault...

LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
guys it was a joke/friendly jab to dognutsbutts - he picked up on it. I guess I didn't use any smiles to fully convey that so that was my fault...

LOL

Prolly a good thing Mikey keeps those types of smilies hiddien from us.LOL

;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well I am heading down to Rons house tonight to pick up my Hydroboost parts,..Urr, Umm,.,...I mean drop off the Rabbit Manifold that he needs to drop the motor in.

Hope he wont be around and the truck will,...... ;Really

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well I am heading down to Rons house tonight to pick up my Hydroboost parts,..Urr, Umm,.,...I mean drop off the Rabbit Manifold that he needs to drop the motor in.

Hope he wont be around and the truck will,...... ;Really

Yeah sure thing there goat smuggler. Gee and to think I was gonna let ya take a test drive.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online