Unexpected find

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
So I was out Saturday morning at one of the local junkyards trying to achieve Farfegnugen for a VW Rabbit exhaust manifold for one of Darrins cars. Unsuccessful at doing so, I decided to take a gander over at the Ford truck area and the dark side lured me to a decent looking 95 dually stroker. In hopes of finding an aftermarket intercooler I look over and see a cab and chassis. Closer looking it had F550 badges. Ok I took a peek into the engine bay and wholy schnikies there's a complete hydroboost setup minus the P/S pump. Everything else was there including the fitting for the pump.:eek:
I operate the pedal a few times and it seems to be alright. I quickly make tracks for the front ofice and ask how much the whole setup up would cost.

Y'all sitting down for this.......$50.00 :eek: :thumbsup:

I run back out there and have the whole thing in my posession in a matter of minutes and the 1 5/16" master cylinder appears to be fairly new as.

Well I figgered I had to get something as to not waste a trip.:dunno

So I go back home and finish up a few things on the V dub and get to the hydroboost upgrade.

I installed a "T" fitting into the existing return line for the time being, to see if the system is operational, till I get the proper reservoir ordered.

Yup sure is and is a good thing these trucks come with seatbelts cause the first time I hit the brake pedal I found out just how much better the stopping power is with this upgrade.:love:

This was one upgrade that was on the wish list but low priority due to the expense for getting new parts but heck for 50 clams I guess I could live with it.;Really

One mod down way ahead of schedule for the '09 rally.;Sweet

Here's a few pics of the before and after with the bling installed.

Attachments

• DSC01010.JPG
    DSC01010.JPG
    874.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    839.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    821.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    843.9 KB · Views: 24

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
thats a smoken deal lucky dog
im still trying to find adapter fittings for the break lines so i can get my hydroboost in
and my vacume booster is going out too

sassyrel

Reaction score
you have any trouble sleeping at night????--i mean--that way you beat that poor salvage yard guy out of that deal---:D :D :D any more there at that same price????????????????????

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome score, refresh my memory as to what Ford's came with the bolt in hydroboost that fits the IDIs.

Thanks and keep your seat belts tight.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice Ron!;Sweet Maybe I should take a trip the junkyard too....I could get lucky too............right?:dunno LOL

Heath

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, you're a lucky man, my local junkyard NEVER gets anything larger than a 1-ton, and even those are a few and far between :(

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If you were picking up parts for me, Shouldn't those be MY parts,..?

Congrats man, Nice Score!

NO! They won't work for your contraption.LOL

Yer gonna have to get some GM parts first.cookoo

hesutton said:
Maybe I should take a trip the junkyard too....I could get lucky too............right?

Ummmm yer the doc, you tell me.LOL

Well the 87-91 era in the 450 & 550 chassis, the hydroboost parts are a direct bolt on application.

Sorry Mikey, it'd cost too much to take em back off.;Really

I'd definitely say that if anybosy who does some heavy hauling and are even remotely thinking the upgrade I can say this much about the upgrade.........DO IT!!!:thumbsup:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me guess.... your brake pedal pin was already in the right place. ;Really

:rolleyes:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were picking up parts for me, Shouldn't those be MY parts,..?

Congrats man, Nice Score!

Oh man thats cold!!!:D

I paid 60 for mine at a local truck yard, but they like me and I had to pull it myself.
I wonder why they like me?????

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM trucks have the same hydroboost setup, I had it on an 88 1 ton GMC truck. I had to take it to the salvage yard in a hurry (needed money to buy new tow truck) and didn't get to salvage the good stuff.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
the difference in the gm hydroboost is the push rod lenght on the unit it self ford hydro lines every thing will work is bolting a ford master cyl to it belive me thats what im fought but i got the damn thing to work with a little bit of redneck engenering and a little bit of thinking about it for a while

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online