Un-Doing my pushbutton GP's?

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Is it possible to undo my push button GP's?

I went to a pushbutton when I got the Bosch plugs because the comtroller would glow them for 20-24 sec every time I started the truck. This caused the first set to be gone in a week. Now I'm going back to Beru and would like to have the GP's back in the ignition switch to make it easier for other people to start my truck.

I have the controller wired so that the WTS light comes on when you puch the button. Is there any wires that need a specific voltage that will be screwed up with heat shrink connectors?

Last edited:

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your controller if its glowing 20 seconds or more, just dont sound right. glow plugs are usually glowing bright orange at around 8 to 10 seconds, theres no reason for them to glow any longer than that.
I'm not familliar with the new style controller, so I cant give any advice on how to wire it back but I would definately check into solving the long glow time.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I have the bypass directions right here in my hand. If you wanna text me, we can work this backwards. 352 five five one 1 four 8 three

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
There should be only one wire cut if you did the dieselmann mod. If that's the case, no that wire feeds to the WTS light, just splice it back together.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yup, reconnect the wire with the weather-pac to the controller, reconnect the white wire to its respective terminal and disconnect any wires associated with the push-button.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about this as well. I get tired of a Jerry rigged truck LOL

I agree, I finally replaced my hood release cable thats been broke for over a year and got a new speedometer that doesnt say 80 mph while driving through school zones.LOL

I tried the pushbutton glowplug deal for a while but really prefer to have it automatic. I am however considering installing a pushbutton for the starter to avoid that pot metal rod from breaking in the steering column.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I've actually reverted BACK to the pushbutton gp's......only because my controller & my spare controller seem to be bad.