UGH!!!! Crank but no Start............

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UGH!!!! Crank but no Start............Changed CPS NADA...

95 7.3 PSD , Have been driving it and all is great, started fine even saturday when it was whipping wind and colder here. This morning get in to go to work, no start. Acts like not getting fuel. Just changed ICP and CPS ....... Ideas? I am off tomorrow but I have to get it fixed for Wed. Changed out CPS, nothing, I can't get the plug out to check the level :mad:

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
95 7.3 PSD , Have been driving it and all is great, started fine even saturday when it was whipping wind and colder here. This morning get in to go to work, no start. Acts like not getting fuel. Just changed ICP and CPS ....... Ideas? I am off tomorrow but I have to get it fixed for Wed.

you have the ips on the front of the left head. those like to take a hike every so often. on the top of the gear drive cover,,there is a allen plug to the left side. thats the oil res level. take a looksee. should be 2/3 full. or about 1 in from top

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the WTS come on and stay on like normal? If so, how long was it on.

What was the current temp at the time?

Any white smoke during cranking? No smoke?

It is a PSD, did you check the oil, too low on oil, no start due to no oil pressure from the HPOP.

How much fuel in the tank(s)? If at or below the 1/4 level, you could have the dreaded "cone of failure" failure. (Showerhead fell off of the fuel pickup in the tank)

Did you look and see how much fuel is in the fuel bowl? Is it full?

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to come to work (luckily a friend came and got me) off tomorrow so will check and see

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTS was normal. no smoke at all. I did not check oil as I was having to get someone to come get me for work. Have at least 1/2 tank of fuel. Did not check fuel bowl either will do all of that tonight when I get home. I do know that the oil pump had to be primed when I first got it (it sat 2 years without running) Temp was high 40's close to 50 , it was much colder saturday with high winds and it started normally.

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only swapped ICP and CPS , was hoping the IPR would hold out awhile Longer :dunno Is there a way to check and see if that is it? If so I can hopefully find one tomorrow and change. If not I am going to have to rent a car until it is fixed as we are now back down to 2 vehicles

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried again, not tach move when crank. Going to take flashlight out and see if I can check oil and fuel bowl level

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

If I am not a total moron, the plug is in the first pic and the IPR? So where is the fuel bowl?

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed it, I mean not a couple weeks ago. Well Poop!

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did. Guess I will get another tomorrow. I have a spare but now afraid to use that one