U haul IP..

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooo, I took the IP from Uhaul to my pump shop and they gave it a good rebuild bill of health. So hopefully they are all like this. He did say to put fresh fuel in and turn it by hand before installing it in case of the innards being gummed up.;Sweet

It cost me a bit to get this done but I wanted to know and also to pass it on.;Sweet

YMMV

Russ

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ, thanks for doing that. That is good to hear.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
You know....................................................................

.......................Mel's builder could have told you that ;Really

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to know, got seven of them, whoops only five forgot I sold two.

I would think so, U-haul had DieseLogic rebuild all of them for years, if they wasn't a good rebuilder I would think U-haul would have sent them somewhere else.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know....................................................................

.......................Mel's builder could have told you that ;Really

Probably ,didnt even think to ask. but I had it calibrated to turbo specs , plus a little more:Dwhile it was there.

I talked to Dieselogic and they seemed like a reputable shop

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you goto DieseLogic web site, it appears they don't rebuild anymore. They may only make the test units for the newer electronic injectors and such.

Halltrail, I see your looking. :D

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Russ, any chance you can elaborate on what is needed to calibrate to turbo specs? Is that something internal? or just the fuel screw under the cover? Does it need to be put on a machine?

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you goto DieseLogic web site, it appears they don't rebuild anymore. They may only make the test units for the newer electronic injectors and such.

Halltrail, I see your looking. :D

haha, yea more than looking. Im asking questions lol. I bought some injectors from Russ too. So I want to do the IP and injectors at the same time. Id like to send my original pump up to mel. Im not really sure if there is anything even wrong yet with my original pump though. Just my mpg's seem low 12-13 mpg. She is a dually crew cab 2wd with 4.10's Not really sure if it should be better that 12-13 or not. I see some guys posting 17-20 mpg. That would be awesome. But I doubt that is with 4.10 gears. Funny thing is I do a lot of re-gears on the side for dana 30, 44 and 60's. (Im a jeep guy) I should try diff gearing and see how she does.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just turn op the screw, that is what they did, And it is their turbo spec not Fords ,which is a joke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.