Twin Turbo

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder how he cools it?

The rad is in the bed with electric cooling fans. You see it on the photo of the rear of the truck. I hear you Mel. Seeing the same basic truck/motor every run/pull gets old really fast.

On Edit:
PSD pistons would be a great addition to the setup since they lower compression down to 17.5 to 1 which means the engine can build higher boost pressures.
PSD Pistons will NOT work in an IDI 7.3. Same displacement, but the parts (piston, rods, crank, heads) do not interchange.

Heath

Last edited:

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I never said you couldn't put a DT466 in a truck. It's been done before & there is another truck I know of in the process of it. They are an awesome engine, I was looking at one with a P Pump on it today. The problem is there are only a hand full of they (that we know of) swapped into trucks that get used for work & towing duty's. Hardest part is you will run out of room up front & have to run your radiater in the bed like Powersnorters (black Ford) truck or fab up something for the front. By all mean's I'd love a daily driven F350 with a DT466 but most of us don't have the funds to do such a swap & it begins to become less practical the further you go. Another thing you will notice about the DT powered truck is that they are running med duty or Military axle's like Rockwells. That right there alone means it will have low gears takes it out of a practical daily driven truck range. But at the same time it has to be in it's own class at sled pulls & you won't find many other's in that class. If you do chances are they are going to be built up too so you had better be bringing your A game.

If you got the money you can do anything with these trucks. That's the main thing though $$$

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said you couldn't put a DT466 in a truck.
I never said you said that.;Sweet Just disagreeing with you, I'm not trying to flame you or start anything. Sorry if it seemed that way.:thumbsup:

Another thing you will notice about the DT powered truck is that they are running med duty or Military axle's like Rockwells. That right there alone means it will have low gears takes it out of a practical daily driven truck range.

Well that is more of an power issue than a weight issue. The DT466 only weighs 300-400 lbs more than an IDI.

A pulling DT466 will make 1000+ HP and close to or over 2000 lb/ft of torque. A heavily modded 5.9 CTD will make 1000 HP as well. A stock light duty truck trans and axle won't live long being fed that kind of diet from either motor.:D

Heath

Last edited:

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
bad how??? as soon as i got one i would send it too an old timer i know that worked as a wrench for cat/finning for 40yrs to rebuild it for me with some mods of course

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
the shop lead man had told me storys about them in the ready mix feild ive never delt with them so i dont know
i just based that statment from his experence but ill ask him tommrrow about what his experience was