Twin “stock” turbos on an OBS good or bad idea?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another thing I was thinking is that since you'd be running them offa each bank independently, each turbos gonna be getting half the exhaust pressure... Need more fuel to compensate :sly

Both turbos have to meet up again eventually, would be less plumbing with one big IC with the turbos meeting up before it versus two independent ones :dunno.

on a psd the twin turbos dont have to use the same piping and IC if you dont want them to.each turbo can feed one head.can also do quads with 2 feeding each head if you really wanted to.but you will need more fuel

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your doing a real twin turbo setup with a factory turbo i dont think its going to work very well, due to the turbo being spun with only half the air it was originally designed to be spun by.
thats kind of like taking a v8 gas engine and unplugging 4 cylinders and calling it a 4 cylinder engine.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just put a D66, 38R, H2E on and be done with it. All spool up quick and then you dont have the complications of all the extra BS on a basickly stock truck

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a wicked wheel in that turbo.

You can go to Irate diesel and get a T4 turbo mount set-up and get something like an S365 i believe. For what you are doing you dont need anything huge.Im not sure how stage 1's would do with a bigger turbo though.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
FYI Wicked Wheels are meant for Superduty 7.3's, from what I hear they are actually a stock OBS wheel.

OBS Turbo's have way to big of an exhaust housing to consider for twins. Spool up would be stupid slow. High EGT's down low. If they lite it might work okay 2500++rpm's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online