Turning up a Kubota D1402

lazermule

Reaction score
Just throwing a feeler out there to see if anyone knows if it's possible to turn up a Kubota D1402? I have one in a piece of equipment right now and it needs just a little more power...

Thanks,

LM

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
kubota normally runs their engines near max output, and are known to have headgasket issues. i have rebuilt 3 so far due to headgasket failure.

lazermule

Reaction score
Mine has a pile of hours on it (5500+) but still runs "ok". When started cold, it seems like it fires on 2 cylinders and the third starts to fire about 30 sec to a minute after starting. Any ideas there? When warmed up and running, it runs well, but just seems like it could have a little more... It's in a 643 Bobcat and I'm pushing a 7 1/2 snow blade with it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a BobCat, but when watching them run, they run them WOT. That engine only powers a hydraulic pump, does it not? Seems to me your power comes from the hyd. pressure to the wheel motors. Is the pump a gear or a vane pump? There is alot of things on a hydraulic system that could reduce power to the wheels.

lazermule

Reaction score
Yes, but the engine is actually loading down. And I was wondering about the cold miss as well..

LM

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the cold miss could be a bunch of things. low comp on one cyl is a possibility. also bad injector. both would lead to low power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online