TURBO TIME!!!!!!

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea baby my hypermax turbo came in today and I cant wait to put it in. When I opened the box I started drooling at the mouth. Shes gonna look purdy siting on top of my 6.9 clacker.

Does everyone elses have such small up pipes? mine look like 2" at the most. also shes not very big I was expecting a whole lot bigger but hey if it work then it works. Ohh I got her used off a wrecked 7.3 idi and came with a cowl induction setup and an injector pump so cant complain too much. :thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the pulse turbo has small uppipes but it has TWO... ATS and Banks have just one. That turbo will wake up the truck, don't worry, and if you get a DPS or Moose pump, it'll make more boost than is safe!

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I cant wait. Shes gonna sound great with strait pipes and 5" stacks!

I will be pulling out my trans soon for a rebuild and that will be a good time to install it. Anything I need to look out for?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Small up pipes. That's actually one of the features of the pulse turbo. If you were to mess with the diameter you would throw that turbo out of whack and it wouldn't perform as good. When you bolt them up you will realize they are about the same diameter as the exhaust manifold. It's just like mounting a turbo right on them. If you don't have a body lift, you're going to wish they were even smaller. LOL