turbo question

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
hey i have a 1990 or 1991 vw jetta with a turbo diesel, is there anything i can do to the turbo waste gate to get more boost and where does one hook up a boost gauge and also am wondering how to get the most turbo whistle possible....

sassyrel

Reaction score
hey i have a 1990 or 1991 vw jetta with a turbo diesel, is there anything i can do to the turbo waste gate to get more boost and where does one hook up a boost gauge and also am wondering how to get the most turbo whistle possible....

you looking to blow it up?? you dont have a intercooler like the 95's on have--that makes a huge diff the amount of boost you can get away with. the pistons were also built diff because of it---

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 1.6 or a 1.9. I know of plenty of people that run upwords of 25 psi on a stock turboed motor. Much more then that and youd need studs and a metal head gasket.

My car hasent been running in awhile and I plan on fixing it one of these days. I need to put a guage in to see what its actually doing. Also, many of the people I know of running those motors dont have an intercooler, tho they do recommend it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not really sure, Ive never tried messing with mine. Check out vwdiesel.net. Thats where I get all my information from. They have both a tdi and idi section and theres no motor bashing like tdiclub.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online