Turbo/Intake Hat O-Ring IN PRODUCTION

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Alright guys, I went out and got Caterpillar to make an O-ring that works for the intake hat for any of the turbo systems in our trucks. Its the one that mashes between the intake hat and the intake itself. They even made it square/flat instead of round.

I have a bunch of them right here with me, had to order 20 of them to even get them to make some.
I want $15 shipped in the lower 48.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright guys, I went out and got Caterpillar to make an O-ring that works for the intake hat for any of the turbo systems in our trucks. Its the one that mashes between the intake hat and the intake itself. They even made it square/flat instead of round.

I have a bunch of them right here with me, had to order 20 of them to even get them to make some.
I want $15 shipped in the lower 48.

Cool man, I'll send you some money soon ;Sweet. I would like 2.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
They said they were probably going to make it a production part now. I'll ask and find out if they've issued a part number for it yet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good on you to take that on and have it custom made...I was thinking of getting a small groove machined into the hat and the intake to "hold" that "O" ring in place just that much better. Your custom one may just alleviate that machining all together....KUDOS! :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
What benefits to having an o-ring versus a gasket?

Reason asking is I can get the gaskets from my local Napa for only a couple of bucks.:dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey guys,
yea I'll take paypal for something like this. I'll PM you all my email addy.
If anyone wants to do a personal check PM me and I'll send you my address.

Ron, Im not sure what you're talking about in terms of a gasket. I looked all over for the original flat rubber gasket and couldnt find it anywhere. If you've already got some other sort of gasket in there then I suppose you're okay.
However, RTV is NOT a quality gasket material for this application. You will, and a guarantee it, blow that RTV out of that intake hat when its under extreme load.

This O-ring is made out of the Viton type material which is why they cost so much. Viton is very expensive compared to traditional Silicone Orings or even Buna-N Orings. Viton will withstand higher temps before degrading, and has a much higher pressure rating before blow out.

So these should last the lifetime of the vehicle, so long as you dont cut it or loose it like I did, lol.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I'll take one. Hopefully I will get to installing my turbo soon. I use paypal also. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should send one to the IDI Weekend so a lot of folks can get an eyeball on it and you may get some orders out of it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Anyone going to the IDI weekend want one? Or anyone already ordering one going?
Good idea Mel.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i would be interested in one if i could get it at the rally

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Barney has ordered one. Maybe you can ship him several, and he can just send back money, or unsold gaskets.