turbo drain seal

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive pulled my turbo off to replace the seal that sits in the valley pan, but im having a real hard time trying to find a new one. anyone possibly know the ford #? maybe a napa #? any help would be great cause i wanna get the truck goin again asap, i hate driving my bronco on the road.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Contact a member here called typ4... He may have what you need... I understand these grommets are very difficult to find...

virgil

Reaction score
i went to the auto parts store and got one that needed a little modification to work but it ended up fitting good. the brand was dorman and it was a oil dipstick tube seal kit for a chevy i think.no ford dealers in the country have it anymore so you may have to improvise like i did. good luck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATS has them, I have a couple left, ford is NLA. I got the last ones in the us about 5 years ago.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one at CarQest, course they were an Independent before, they had several draws of all different size grommets. Try an IH dealer also.

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya its bein very difficult to find, im thinking of just using a whole bunch of silcone on the old one and re-using it!

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was on another diesel site, and i saw a thread on someone having the same problem, they went to there local parts store and found a grommet with the same ID and OD of the stock one. So i went and got the same one and it worked great! so if anyone needs to find one, its a DORMAN #42344

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i was on another diesel site, and i saw a thread on someone having the same problem, they went to there local parts store and found a grommet with the same ID and OD of the stock one. So i went and got the same one and it worked great! so if anyone needs to find one, its a DORMAN #42344

I sure like a posting like this.... First off the poster tells us something will work thats not usually on the list of known things here... then gives a part number and supplier... It doesn't get any easier than that... Thanks....:thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online