truck tranny?

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this has been covered, but i cant find anything.
i was looking at doing a zf5 swap into my 86 cc. but after buying/driving a truck with a zf5 it doesnt have the gear spread that i want for towing in the hills around my house. [20k gross give or take] so my Q to you is are there any 9-13 speed tranys that will fit in this thing? [ adapter plates/driveshafts/divorced t-case are something i have thought about] im realy just looking for a better gear spread without having to run a auxillary trans. thanks for your time!

sassyrel

Reaction score
i know this has been covered, but i cant find anything.
i was looking at doing a zf5 swap into my 86 cc. but after buying/driving a truck with a zf5 it doesnt have the gear spread that i want for towing in the hills around my house. [20k gross give or take] so my Q to you is are there any 9-13 speed tranys that will fit in this thing? [ adapter plates/driveshafts/divorced t-case are something i have thought about] im realy just looking for a better gear spread without having to run a auxillary trans. thanks for your time!

how about the school buses,,that ran the 6.9/7.3???????

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats kinda what im hoping, something like a dump truck or bus to pull a sae#3 bellhousing from. but im not upto speed on big trucks at all