truck surges when cold?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found a truck i want to buy not too far from me, its a pstroke 5 speed and its what ive been lookin for but, in the ad it says it surges when cold? what causes this and if i drive it like that what damage could it do?:dunno turbo issue? idk what it is, never had any of my trucks surge

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know what that is, kinda new with strokes.. only did injector work to em

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people started calling PSD's from 94 on up.
What year PSD are you looking at?
There is several things that make them surge, gotta know what year.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Sorry Exhaust Back Pressure valve the computer uses this to speed up warm up when its cold by closing a valve raight at the back of the turbo to cause back pressure and keep the exhaust heat in. Theres a tube that goes to a sensor that measures the back pressure so the computer knowswhen its on and sometimes this tub can get clogged with soot and make the ebpv not work correctly. I been in trucks that cylce so much so fast that you'd swear it was missing. I do agree with old bull though as its hard enough to diagnose trucks over the internet let alone with very little info

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i was sittin in the shop tryin to think of what ebpv could stand for and i got exhaust back pressure valve its amazing what a little thought could do;Sweet and its a 95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin